What are you using for your forms and autoresponders? How are you using it? Some great ideas here! Questions? Tips?

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1367365 by Noi from Bang Kapi
Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the most out of my thank you pages when someone submits an online form & want to customize them...i.e add a link to a newsletter subscription page

I am changing FBI! Thank You Pages in block builder but it does not change the thank you page when I submit a form.

Help please
#1367373 by Juri from plainlight.com
Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 pm
Hi Noi,

You edit your Thank You Pages in FBI!

Every form has a number of templates associated with it, e.g., the Thank You Page [shown to the visitor who's just submitted the form], an AutoResponder [sent to his/her email address], and a Notification Email [sent to you to notify you about the submission].

Click on the edit link aligned with the corresponding template to do just that.

Kind regards,
J.
#1367440 by Noi from Bang Kapi
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 am
HI J,

Yes that's only where you change the content area but what about the page template.

I changed the template but it doesn't change the template when I submit a form.

Maybe it is because they were done with "upload your own html"?

If so how do I make it so that the template in blockbuilder will be used?

Cheers
#1367484 by Juri from plainlight.com
Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:28 pm
Hi Noi,

I am not sure about the upload process. However, if I understand correctly the description in http://help.sitesell.com/uploader/built-in.html#FBI, you'd probably have to delete your uploaded template HTML file -- or update it.

Be sure to download and save it elsewhere before doing so.

If someone has experience with UYOH for FBI! forms, it is better to listen to their advice.

Kind regards,
J.
#1367508 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:08 pm
Noi,

You can set your design up in Site Designer, save it, then it will be used for any of the default forms in Page Manager. Otherwise, follow the help for the forms that is in the Upload Your Own HTML module.

Debs
#1374623 by LUIS from Vails Gate
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:29 am
I believe I know the answer to this but need to be sure. I have just begun to put C2 forms in on my site.
When I preview the Auto-Confirm email that goes out to client, the body of text that goes out to them has automatic things that will be included, from the form they fill out, i.e.,

Hi <<NAME-OF-VISITOR-WHO-BUILT-PAGE>>,

<<URL-OF-NEWLY-ACCEPTED-PAGE>>

Now it seems anything that has the << >> is an automatic fill

so my question is the last one of those, which is this one ....
<<NAME-OF-SBIER>>

Where does this autofill come from ... OR ... do I need to insert my name into each one of these??

I made an auto-responder for my 'Contact Me' page a long, long time ago ... is this where it comes from??

And if so, will changing that one (of any of them) automatically transfer to all other forms?

Thanks ... Lou
#1374685 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:16 pm
Hi Luis!

Anything within << >> is a variable and automatic. They pull from the database (which database depends on what the auto-fill in says). You don't need to do anything with the variables.

All my best,

Debs