What are you using for your forms and autoresponders? How are you using it? Some great ideas here! Questions? Tips?

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1373022 by Elda from Silvano D'orba
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:16 am
Hello!

Any idea or suggestion about how to set up a paid sequential autoresponder course?

I created two free autoresponder courses for my websites that were appreciated and now I would like to create a paid one but I can't work out how to set it up on a low budget.

Thank you for your help!
#1373031 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm
I hear you about the low budget! Here's what I do using only SBI! tools and a Paypal button. Set up your sales page, put a Paypal button on it. On the page where you set it up on Paypal, go to the second to last option where it says, send people to this url when they complete payment (or words to that effect). Make a page on your site with an unguessable url, make it secret from the search engines. Put a sign up box on that to capture email addresses. This is where you'll build your auto responder with FBI!. They'll automatically get sent the autoresponder, just by signing up.
#1373034 by George from Prestea
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:44 pm
These are the sort of situations that make me really wish SBI was not the walled garden that it is -- it doesn't talk to any other online service, and doesn't allow any other web service to talk with it.

Jacki's "security by obscurity" trick will work. But note that when someone cancels / refunds, you'll need to manually remove the person from the list.

Alternatively, you could forget MoM and use a mailing list service that natively integrates with PayPal (or your payment gateway of choice) and can automatically add and remove users when they order or cancel.
#1373051 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:19 pm
wrote:But note that when someone cancels / refunds, you'll need to manually remove the person from the list.
Yes, not sure how to deal with that, but if it's a one payment type of thing, generally, I find anyway, that they don't ask for a refund. Just make sure that you completely outline what they'll get and what to expect. That minimizes disappointment and manages expectations.
#1373080 by Elda from Silvano D'orba
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 pm
Thanks Jacki! It's a little convoluted but I guess it's the only way to go.

While I was writing this, it struck me that I have no idea how many visitors that subscribed to my free course got to the end of it and therefore might be interested in my paid course.

Is there any way to get this data?
#1373085 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:45 am
Elda from Silvano D'orba wrote:While I was writing this, it struck me that I have no idea how many visitors that subscribed to my free course got to the end of it and therefore might be interested in my paid course.

Is there any way to get this data?
This is kind of the reason for setting up a Form Build It form. All that info is in the Get Form Data section of Site Central.
#1383422 by Jackie from Yorkshire
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 am
Hello Jacki

I am looking further into autoresponder courses

A free one then moving on to a paid one. Would you be kind enough to link to the paid with your paid one so I can see what you mean.

I can read what you have said but it will make more sense if I can "see it"
It would be really helpful

Thanks so much

Jackie :?
#1384385 by Jackie from Yorkshire
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 am
Silly me, its there right in front of me on your site!

I would like to ask a couple of questions though, as you have experience Jacki

1. How much information can be placed in each "section" so of the 26 sequence how much text, video, audio etc can I place there.
I am thinking of creating a course in say 7 parts plus an introduction and a conclusion so 9 parts in total.

2, Just to be clear because I have trouble visualising sometimes, is this how it would work.

a, I put a sales page on my site with pay pal button?
b, the visitor pays and they then get an email to confirm?
c. they get taken to the area on my site where the course is?

I now, dont understand, do they get the course a whole or are they drip fed the sections at different times (my choice presumably)
In my mind I cannot see what goes on behind the paywall after they have paid with pay pal

As an example I recently did a course on udemy and all the lessons are listed. I appreciate this is not udemy but I am trying to visualise how the purchaser would receive their information now they have paid for it and would they be happy with the delivery..

Would you mind just walking me through the process.

I dont want to write the course one way only to find I should have done it another way.
In my mind I have to write the content like a book with chapters
I then place the chapters separately and book ended by an intro and a conclusion plus add any audio, video and links in each chapter.
The person then receives the information over the 9 days by email?
Is that about right?

Your help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Jackie
#1384436 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:39 pm
Jackie from Yorkshire wrote:1. How much information can be placed in each "section" so of the 26 sequence how much text, video, audio etc can I place there.
I am thinking of creating a course in say 7 parts plus an introduction and a conclusion so 9 parts in total.
You can put as much as you like in each autoresponder installment. Note: not everyone has a need to get everything and the kitchen sink in their inbox. Make it consumable bites so they don't get overwhelmed.

Jackie from Yorkshire wrote:a, I put a sales page on my site with pay pal button?
b, the visitor pays and they then get an email to confirm?
c. they get taken to the area on my site where the course is?

Yes, except for b. You can set up the Paypal button so they get send directly to the sign up (Form Build It! Form). Or, an email works fine with a link to that page.

Jackie from Yorkshire wrote:I now, dont understand, do they get the course a whole or are they drip fed the sections at different times (my choice presumably)
In my mind I cannot see what goes on behind the paywall after they have paid with pay pal
With Form Build It! they are drip fed over whatever time and frequency you set up.

Jackie from Yorkshire wrote:In my mind I have to write the content like a book with chapters
I then place the chapters separately and book ended by an intro and a conclusion plus add any audio, video and links in each chapter.
The person then receives the information over the 9 days by email?
Is that about right?
This is exactly how it works. If you want to see it in action, sign up for my free course on succulents (just to see). This is the short version; [Domain Private] I think that one is sent once a day? Can't remember. The best thing to wrap your head around it is to do it. Don't be scared!
#1384453 by Jackie from Yorkshire
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 pm
Thankcyou so much Jacki

I will sign up for you course....

I appreciate your help..

Jackie
#1384454 by Jackie from Yorkshire
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:32 pm
I can see now I have read it all, your paid course is actually pages on your site that are presumably password protected, is that right

People sign up, then are sent a page with the list of appropriate page headings on...

Thanks for the information
#1384464 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:38 pm
You can make the autoresponder the course also; or create a separate section on your site (set the page to noindex however and to no follow to protect other private pages).

The A/R for FBI! is 7 installments; if you need more than 7, you will need to use another email marketing app like Mailchimp or aWeber (both listed under Connected Services in Site Central).

Debs
#1384474 by Jackie from Yorkshire
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:27 pm
Thanks so much Debs

A/R what does that mean?

Jackie
#1384475 by Jackie from Yorkshire
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm
Strike that you mean Auto Responder.... doh!!
Thanks again..

I thought the autoresponder had 26 parts

I am confused now

Jackie