What are you using for your forms and autoresponders? How are you using it? Some great ideas here! Questions? Tips?

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1393766 by Della from Reyno
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:16 pm
I am trying to create a Contact Us form on my new [Domain Private] but I am not having any luck. I've check out the info on how to do this, but I still have some questions.

I do not like how the default contact form is set up and I want to make changes to it before I create it. The message I get is that I have to make changes to the Custom Default Text :?: What does this mean? In addition, the Custom Default Text link doesn't appear on my new site in the FBI library. It appears on my [Domain Private], but not on my new one (which currently only has a home page).

What does making changes to the Custom Default Text do? Do I have to include everything I could possibly want on any form in this section? How do I add it to my new site?

Thanks for your help.

Della Menechella
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Sitebuilder Tools to here as this is specific to FBI! (Form Build It)
#1393768 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm
Della from Reyno wrote:Custom Default Text
This is wording that appears on the other parts of the form, like the thank you page etc. You can ignore this safely.

Della from Reyno wrote:How do I add it to my new site?
The form? You build a contact page (just a BB2 page called contact.html), then drag the FBI block into it.
#1393775 by Della from Reyno
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:15 pm
Jacki -
Thanks for responding so quickly. I know that I need to put the form on a new page. My problem is that I can't create the form the way I want it to be set up in FBI. I don't know how to make the changes to the default form so it asks for the information I want.

For instance, the default form asks for address. I don't care about the address and I want to delete this but I don't know how to do this.

Also, I want to to create a text box with a header 'Your Message' but I don't see how I can include the header for this box.

Any ideas?

Della Menechella
#1393788 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:10 am
Glad you figured it out. You can delete any of the items, and also rearrange them by dragging them into the order you want. :D