A wide-open SBI! Forum that discusses how to sell (vs. PREsell). Includes general discussions on copywriting (download and read "Make Your Words Sell!"), monetization, any problems (ex., ad-blockings), Conversion Rates, A/B split testing, and more!
NOTE: For discussions on specific TYPES of monetization, please see the forums immediately below.
IMPORTANT for SBI for WP users: Like all other forums, use whichever forum fits best with your business's question and contribute there. If you're wondering about a membership plugin, for example, discuss in the Membersip forum.

Moderator: Elly from professional-counselling.com

#1367006 by Jill from Westbury
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 pm
Ken has been talking a lot lately about the business mindset. As part of that discussion, he asked me how my monitization is going and am I doing all I can to get the most out of the traffic I have on my site.

As I mentioned to him in this thread (https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=221908), I hit a high of 1:1.50 in 2016 and I'm working on additional ways to grow it. In order to continue to push myself (and others), I thought I'd start a new challenge around monitization.

Let's start the challenge by setting monitization goals for April. You can set your goal up in any way you want. Here are a few ideas:

*Sales per unique visitor
    *Total amount of $$ for the month
    *Drive sales to a new/underperforming affiliate and/or product
    *Create a new product to sell on your site
    *Improve AdSense performance

I'm up for other ideas too. Just make sure it's a specific number or idea that allows you to measure your results at the end of April.

To get started, I'm going to set a goal to increase my sales by 40% from April 2016 to April 2017. I'm going to do this by increasing the amount I'm getting from current visitors and by driving additional traffic to my site.

Who is interested in joining me?

Jill

Edit: I wanted to clarify that this is just for my SF site.

Admin note - added Challenge to the Challenge List here:
https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=220575&p=1352925#p1352925
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 5 times in total. Reason: Moved to "Sticky" status, inserted Challenges Reference URL.
#1367008 by Jill from Westbury
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 pm
Jacki,

That would be great. I know Ken is busy, but I'm hoping this will work nicely with the project the two of you will be working on too!

Jill
#1374716 by Judith from Quarryville
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 pm
Hi Jill
This very much interests me. I need to treat my site as a business and start making money with it. Just not sure how much can be made with wild birds as my topic though. Having doubts or is it just me?

We need to build our sites and do it well with a business mindset. I would like to know more about how to do that.

Joining the Pinterest challenge is much easier because I enjoy it and is aesthetically pleasing. And Pinterest is good for my site for traffic.

I wish there was more interest in this thread with a variety of types of sites. I read sometime ago about how well you are doing. I would love to learn more from you.

I'd like to give a SHOUT OUT to everyone to consider joining this thread. After all, making money, is probably our most wanted response! :D:D:D
#1374731 by Jill from Westbury
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:34 am
Judy,

Thanks for reviving this thread. You and I are on the same page (and Mary too!). I really work to optimize my pages for purchase as that is a goal for me. I love doing the work and talking about San Francisco, but since I do this full time, I need to be making money too.

I was sad to see that no one wanted to participate, so I just worked toward my goals on my own.

Mary ~ Thanks for adding your thoughts in too.

I'd be game to try this for July or August or another set period of time.

Let me know if either of you are interested.

Jill
#1374733 by Mary from Mico
Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:47 am
Thank you Jill.

I so appreciate yours and Ken's willingness to help others help themselves. This helpfulness is the sparkle in these forums.

Yes, mid to late August would be better for me, too. I will be traveling that first week in August. I'll be following along either way. There's always something to learn and I do take notes. :-)

Mary
#1375069 by Cat from glutenfreehomemade.com
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 pm
Hello Jill and Everyone,

Count me in as this is the stage I am at in business building for all three of my websites. I'd say the timing is great.

Jill,
I am way behind on my SBI! reading, including the SBIX, so if notification of this challenge was published there, I have yet to find it. If it wasn't published there, you might ask Cath to add it to an upcoming SBIX, perhaps timing it for when you would like to start the challenge in August. In the meantime, it seems Judith is helping to spread the word over at the Build Your Business One Goal a Week Challenge, https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1374717#p1374717

I'm looking forward to what we can accomplish together!
#1375072 by Jill from Westbury
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 pm
Thanks for the heads up Cat. I didn't have it published there, but will get on that. I'm in the middle of a very busy time, but will get something organized around July 10 so that we can get rolling on August 1. I'll also ask for it to be published in the SBIX, so more people can join in and/or learn from our experiences.

I look forward to this challenge as I think so many of us can learn from each other on this one.

Jill