How to 1) create or locate graphics or 2) prepare digital photography for your site. Also, share your favorite tools, image sources and resources, and image-using ideas.
NOTE: Basic questions on using the Image Library belong in the Sitebuilder Libraries & Tools forum.

Moderator: Laura from Chautauqua

#1383625 by Mary from Mico
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 am
Thank you Juri,

Thank you SO much. I searched myself blind last night, well, early this morning. The vocabulary alone is tricky. I'll read these and quit.

I remember reading the Wikipedia article last time you posted and hope that this is my case: "OK, including buildings and works of art".

A church in Fatima, Portugal is my subject. Unless I'm super confused, I imagine that I can use exterior photos of the church in Fatima from my own camera. No people are in the picture and I will not be selling the images.

PS I love your sticky nav.

Mary
#1383647 by Mary from Mico
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm
Whew!

Thank you Juri.

I am relieved to read your comments. You are so well informed and careful that I have great confidence. Thank you.

Mary

PS I've already shared your page to other friends who were traveling. Very helpful to even know that there are such restrictions!
#1383677 by Juri from plainlight.com
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:33 pm
Mary from Mico wrote:PS I've already shared your page to other friends who were traveling. Very helpful to even know that there are such restrictions!

Thank you, Mary!

Re: restrictions. Even where they are in place, non-commercial use by natural persons is either allowed (France) or impossible to prevent/prosecute.

On the other hand, since our sites are of business nature, it would be very hard to prove that our use of any images on them is private only, so I'd advise to keep it in mind.

This is actually true even for bought images: the right to use the image doesn't necessarily extend on its subject. Those - the image and its subject - most definitely have different authors and copyright owners.

Kind regards,
J.