How to 1) create or locate graphics or 2) prepare digital photography for your site. Also, share your favorite tools, image sources and resources, and image-using ideas.
NOTE: Basic questions on using the Image Library belong in the Sitebuilder Libraries & Tools forum.

Moderator: Laura from Chautauqua

#1389854 by Scott from dogvittles.com
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm
We hope it's ok to post here for a referral...

Our site is image heavy. We want to add a few graphics instead of photos here and there for variety.

Also...

Although Nimble is our site mascot... she said it's okie-dokie to have a little "Mascott II"... like the little green tortoise above... to guide our visitors along the way.

Finally...

We are ready to change our header (I know... the SBI! template is great... we just want to throw a little "personal" touch to it). :wink:

If we need to post somewhere else.. please let us know.

I only want referrals... I don't feel comfortable any other way (Long story).

Arf! Nimble (& Scott).
#1389919 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi Scott (and Nimble),

I recently used SBI! Pros to design a cover for an ebook and was very happy with the result. I know what you're looking for is more imaginative than that, but it would be worth giving them a try.

I've previously used Fiverr and Upwork for designs but the results have been very hit and miss. Usually miss.

Hope that helps.

Cath.
#1389924 by Scott from dogvittles.com
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm
Thanks Cath!

Yes... hit and miss is what you get "blindly" hitting the market. I've learned this over the years...

Referrals from reliable (you for instance and other SBI'ers) is the only way to go.

Nimble said to go your route so we'll do that... I'm in no big hurry but anxious :wink: ...

Got'ta give you an idea what we want to do as far as incorporating Nimble's image into our existing header. It'll be mostly Nimble's pic below (my favorite) along w/ the little and 1 big dog from the SBI Responsive template we're using (I think that little dog is great!) and/or a smaller pic of me and Nimble...

It's all about L & F.. right?

Then... there will periodic (small) blend of the other two graphics mentioned above. Want to keep our design uncluddered (sp?)... just exchange a few images for graphics and a little mascott II here and there (Nimble's Mascott #1) to guide our visitors along the way...

What do 'ya think?

Any suggestions would be great!

Happy New Year... arf :!:
Attachments
Nimble Loves Her Sweet Potato Treats!.JPG
Nimble Loves Her Sweet Potato Treats!.JPG (129.41 KiB) Viewed 129 times
#1389928 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:28 pm
Nimble is adorable! Who could resist that little face! I had a rescue Yorkie puppy who was killed last year, so have not long ago got another rescue Yorkie, this time a ten year old. I've always had big dogs before but I just love the terrier character. I asked you a while ago now (on your site) what kind of dog she is so I know she has a lot of the terrier personality in her too.

So yep, I love the idea of another mascot and I also like the idea of adding your pic into the mix. Your site is so personal to you, and so individually written that it would make complete sense.

Go for it! I'll be interested to see how it turns out!

Cath.