Pour yourself an e-cappuccino and c'mon in. This is the spot for idle chat, gossip, rumors, and personal news. If it is personal, it belongs here, as long as it's done well and stays friendly. :-)

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1365233 by ken-admin
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm
For those not seeing it, I'm not sure what you're looking at. Go the the forum for this thread...

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=221877

You should see this...

You see the the fast-forward icons? And yes, please do refresh the browser.

Thanks very much.

All the best,
Ken

P.S. Juri, good pickup. We'll add it to the other templates! :-)
#1365236 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:56 pm
Hi Ken.

I see it now, in the list of threads. However, I'm referring to my RSS feed, where I see it in every single item in the feed. For example, for this post, it's:

The Water Cooler * Re: Question: Is the * In These Forums Useful for You?

I'd love it if the feed could have a dash or something else rather than the *.

Also, the "old" version of the forum software put out the RSS feed as Subject Line, then thread name, then forum name (if there was enough room). Now it's forum name followed by Subject Line. I'd love to see it switched, as it's much easier to scroll through Subject Lines when they all start at the same place (the left edge).
#1365247 by Mary from Mico
Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:38 am
Very helpful!

I hadn't known this existed either till this afternoon when I saw the new >>. I hovered over to see what it was and was glad for the mouse over message.

Thank you for this nice extra - or the call out, that is.

Mary
#1365278 by The Team from Rouleau
Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 pm
Mary from Mico wrote:Very helpful!

I hadn't known this existed either till this afternoon when I saw the new >>. I hovered over to see what it was and was glad for the mouse over message.

Thank you for this nice extra - or the call out, that is.

Mary

Unfortunately the mouse over text says "first unread page" and not "unread post" which is confusing. I used the feature all the time in the old forums and do in the new ones as well.

Best,
#1365289 by A J from Somewhere Hot
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 pm
Just noticed what might be an unintended consequence of the change.

At the bottom of each thread is a box with Similar Topics. Until today, they were fine, now they don't have the name of the thread, only the name of the O.P. Just scroll to the bottom of any thread to see what I mean, this one would do.

Cheers, AJ
#1365291 by Claude from hamradiosecrets.com
Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:15 am
Thanks Jeff for pointing this out:
Jeff from dogquotations.com wrote:the "old" version of the forum software put out the RSS feed as Subject Line, then thread name, then forum name (if there was enough room). Now it's forum name followed by Subject Line. I'd love to see it switched, as it's much easier to scroll through Subject Lines when they all start at the same place (the left edge).

Thanks AJ for pointing out this obviously unintended side effect of the change:
A J from Somewhere Hot wrote:At the bottom of each thread is a box with Similar Topics. Until today, they were fine, now they don't have the name of the thread, only the name of the O.P. Just scroll to the bottom of any thread to see what I mean, this one would do.

Claude
P.S. Progress is sometimes painful :roll:
#1365296 by Antoinette from Bedford
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 am
A J from Somewhere Hot wrote:Just noticed what might be an unintended consequence of the change.

At the bottom of each thread is a box with Similar Topics. Until today, they were fine, now they don't have the name of the thread, only the name of the O.P. Just scroll to the bottom of any thread to see what I mean, this one would do.

Cheers, AJ

Oh no! I often referred to the Similar Topics - would like to have the old version back.

All the best 🐜