Pour yourself an e-cappuccino and c'mon in. This is the spot for idle chat, gossip, rumors, and personal news. If it is personal, it belongs here, as long as it's done well and stays friendly. :-)

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1287292 by ken-admin
Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:01 pm
From Content Elf...

Hi Everyone,

As you may have noticed, the SBIX has undergone some fairly radical transformations in the past week or three.

Our goal was simply to freshen it up and give YOU a more useful and rewarding experience.

Without wishing to blow our own trumpet ( :wink: ), we think we're definitely on the right track! But we'd LOVE to hear your feedback...

If you love it, great... feel free to SHOUT about it!

Better still, tell us how we could improve. No one's going to get offended. :wink:

Or...

Have you stopped reading the weekly e-zine altogether? If so, why? Does the new presentation change your mind in any way?

(To read it, go to the news box in Site Central and follow the "Latest Issue of SBIX" link.)

Looking forward to your comments.

All the best,
Content Elf

P.S. To make sure that you always receive the SBIX (and other important communication from us), be sure to whitelist SiteSell.

And if you're a Gmail user, you may prefer to receive the SBIX in your "Primary" tab. To do that, simply drag an email from the "Promotions" or "Updates" tab and confirm that you would always like to receive these emails in your "Primary" tab. More info here...

http://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1254192#1254192
#1287302 by Francis from Großtissen
Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:52 pm
Dear Content Elf,

In my opinion, the SBIX is now looking much better. I was reading all issues even before, but I had to say the newsletters were too loaded with information. Now that information is a bit less and focuses on actual topics in each newsletter, I like the layout much better.
#1287335 by Larry Chamberlain from LONDON
Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:41 am
Hi CE,

Yes, although I had no complaints at all about the old skool SBIX, I like the breezy new style very much. Hard to put my finger on exactly why, but It gets a thumbs up from me. :)

All the best,
Larry.
#1287341 by Rob from France
Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 am
Yes, much better. I found the old version difficult; the subject of the email made me want to read more, but finding where the subject was mentioned in the actual email was a mission!
#1287352 by Paul from Somewhere, out there...
Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:35 am

Hi CE

Yes - I'm very excited to see the changes. I actually feel inspired to read it now. It feels like it breathes whereas I found the old version to be dense and flat.

Suggestions?

I think it would be more user-friendly to link from the images as well as existing links.
    I also think it would be more natural to wrap the text around the images.

I know it's automated but I do like a 'Hi Paul' or whatever with a brief message about the week from a real person. If not Ken, perhaps Daniel, Theresa or Debs - maybe highlighting a release or a 'whats next'. It just gives me a little extra level of connection rather than launching straight into the first headline from an 'un-authored email' . In summary - would love just a smidgen of more personal conversation and contact rather than a series of one liners.
Great stuff though and it has certainly sparked my interest in taking action, looking and following the links.

Thanks!
Paul
#1287359 by William from Rhame
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:36 pm
I've always read SBIX, since I joined SBI in 2007. I love the new design, and the regular use of images. It's inspiring, fun, and easy to read!

William
#1287423 by David from California
Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:24 pm
Yes, much nicer now :D

I feel a personal note at the beginning from whomever would be an added touch also.

You know, like:

Hi, things have been hectic around here but there are some really juicy ideas that ...

Signed,

:)
#1287452 by Mary from Mico
Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:32 am
After about the first two years I began to read it every time I saw it.

I did not mind the old look. I really like the new look.

I hope that the pearls being moved to the Forum will not be removed through the future. I think it's great not to have to go to my email to search for a particular pearl and I think that it will help draw traffic to SBI through the newsletter links.

Congratulations on a good job,

Mary
#1287482 by robert from Vance
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:43 am
I find it easier to read (I hope MOM moves in this direction too, or has it as an option for those who want a similar template)

However, I didn't like having to jump onto the forums to then click more links in the forums to get to the articles/forum discussions.

However, however, I liked that I had many more options to choose from on that forum link page than in a typical SBIX issue.

Rob
#1287503 by ken-admin
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 pm
From Content Elf...

Thanks a lot for the feedback, folks. :D

Some good suggestions for improvement in there, too. Plenty to think on!

All the best,
CE
#1287944 by Rachel from Sneads
Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:56 pm
Love the new changes, they make it much easier to get to the "meat" of each one.

Thanks for everyone who made these changes happen!
-Rachel