Pour yourself an e-cappuccino and c'mon in. This is the spot for idle chat, gossip, rumors, and personal news. If it is personal, it belongs here, as long as it's done well and stays friendly. :-)

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1358580 by ken-admin
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:10 am
Hi to all,

I don't know if you're aware of the huge "Posse Scandal" in the world of basketball, but it's symptomatic of so many things that are wrong in my hero country of high school days...

Political correctness, media feeding frenzy, polarization, crazed emotions riled up over what is at worst, something that was pretty mundane. The more I thought about it, the more I felt compelled to find out if it was me. Was it me who was missing something?

I ended up having a lot fun while examine a serious and sad story. There's more weird stuff out there that we could dream about. And I found a little bit of it while researching this.

Now, we don't do politics or religion in these forums and since King James (LeBron) is about as close to God as it gets for basketball fans, I wrote it up in Facebook.

I'd love your honest feedback over there (not here, please, unless you don't have an account)...

https://www.facebook.com/kenevoy/posts/ ... nref=story

Am I way off-base? Not sensitive? Or did LeBron act as trumped-up judge-jury-executioner of a man who has had a wonderful career in basketball, both as player and coach, with no hint of being a racist?

Heck, I was nervous posting this, wasn't even sure if some humor was appropriate. It's kind of crazy because I don't normally worry about stuff like that. But people are just plan angry out there.

Still, I had to see it through. If I knew it was going to take 90 minutes, I wouldn't have bothered. One can never estimate the depth of quicksand, though - one day, I will learn that lesson. Or be buried by it, never to be seen again! ;-)

Would love your comments...

https://www.facebook.com/kenevoy/posts/ ... nref=story

All the best,
Ken