Pour yourself an e-cappuccino and c'mon in. This is the spot for idle chat, gossip, rumors, and personal news. If it is personal, it belongs here, as long as it's done well and stays friendly. :-)

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1377940 by Mary from old-fashion-recipe.com
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:03 pm
Congratulations, you lucky people! I'm jealous but so happy for you. I know you will have an awesome time. :D

OK, Ken you gotta come East now. We have some delightful vacations spots. Or you could just come to my house. I would even clean it up if you would come. :lol::lol::lol:

MaryO
#1378022 by ken-admin
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 pm
Will do, Mary! :-)

And Karen, it was a real pleasure to meet you! I don't know how to say this without sounding corrny, so to heck with it, I'll just say it...

I've often said that our database tells us how SBIers do, so we know they do darn well. And after "The Study" comparing with WA, they do much better than other solopreneurs (some of that being the discovery of just how poorly most do).

But it's hard to relate to NUMBERS except at an intellectual level that translates to an understanding by all of us here at SiteSelll that, yes, "we make a difference."

That doesn't mean nearly as much, emotionally, as the individual SBI! success stories that we publish in the blog - real people with stories of real impact.

And that's even more true for the [url=[Domain Private]/solo-build-it-review.html]SBI! reviews (such as yours)[/url] that SBIers publish on their own sites.

The stories and reviews puts real faces to real stories.

And then, of course, there are these forums, where we come closest to knowing each other, over a prolonged period of time...

But the ultimate emotional reminder is when one leaves the digital world to meet "real human beings in the flesh." The richness of your life story of travels, the selling of your chiropractic practice for medical reasons, followed by the search for a new way to generate income...

It's unique!

And everyone has their own unique background. That collection of experiences, feelings and thoughts makes you, YOU. Your "backstory" and instinctive solopreneurship and BAM💥, leads you to the opportunity that the Internet presents.

Sadly, there are loads of predators out there. And so begins the long and winding road, most failing as they try one thing after another...

And then, some find Solo Build It!. Not nearly enough - Wealthy Affiliate way-outmarkets us when it comes to getting in front of the very same folks who'd be right for SBI!. There is no way we could adopt their techniques, not even justifying it with "the end justifies the means."

At least our "end" (i.e., the results) is pretty darn good.

But WA way under-performs. The difference in results is dramatic. I mean, for example...

It's pretty amazing when you think that there are 2 SBIers with sites about San Francisco, not exactly the easiest of niches, yet both in the Top 1,000,000. And your second site, about Germany, does the same even though you hardly have time for it.

If there is even ONE WA user (out of 17,000 sites!) who has your track record, I'll eat my hat. And while I'm not wearing my cool cowboy hat that I bought at a charming, teeny leatherworks store in Sonoma (in the pic below), that would be quite the meal. 😝

Meeting you gave me a real-life reminder...

SBIers are special. No sense of entitlement. No whining. Positive attitude - I didn't get many words in edgewise between you and Nori, but it was a joy to listen to. The bottom line of our evening?...

Your smile and enthusiasm are infectious. It reminds me, in real life, of what happens when you put your best efforts into SBI!. Owning one's own life and being one's own boss, successfully, deliver much more than income and equity.

You deserve our best efforts in return. So does every SBIer. And, for that matter, so does every solopreneur (with BAM💥) who is currently floundering elsewhere.

I was so happy to have met you and shared a pleasant dinner together, Karen. It meant more to me than you realize. And I needed that! :-)

All the best,
Ken

P.S. A shot of Yuki (my younger daughter and right hand/arm/shoulder at SBI!) from you know where...

https://twitter.com/KEvoy/status/892096034024767488
#1378037 by Mary from Mico
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:48 pm
Like!

Thank you Karen and Ken for sharing both your visit and the picture with Yuki!

Have a great trip!

Mary
#1378050 by Karen from Ferrysburg
Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:42 pm
Ken, I can’t begin to tell you how much I admire you as a person (OK, this is getting mushy), in addition to what you have created with SBI! I intended to tell you the other night, but we got so engrossed in conversation.;-) When I think about the floundering and dead ends I went down before I discovered SBI!, my pleasant life as it is would never have come about in the way it has without you and your incredible gift of SBI!.

What you've created for people who are serious about having an internet business has no equal in the world out there. I wanted to be an “infopreneur” for a long time before happening upon SBI! but in spite of all the reading and studying I did, I was stuck. I never even got out the starting gate, let alone built a successful business.

I don’t know of any other program that does what SBI! does in setting out the steps for building an internet business, start to finish. And there’s always more coming! I’ve been with SBI for many years now, and I’ve witnessed a steady stream of great improvements and add-ons, small and large. And when Panda and Penguin hit, you orchestrated that massive study with 25? variables (I know, I participated in it) to get to the bottom of these algo animals and gave us the results freely. Who else did that? I could go on and on, but you know what I’m talking about. You’ve always been there, showing how much you genuinely cared about us SBI’ers.

Now, thanks to SBI, I have two high-traffic websites, one of which I treat as a business, and which provides me with a nice retirement income. But it’s not just the money. I haven’t had such a great time in years, learning all sorts of new things and getting to create something that gives me a lot of satisfaction… and it’s so much fun! I can hardly wait to get started each morning; how many people feel that way about their jobs?

I just want to give you a huge thank-you and let you know that you are appreciated up to the moon! I should have said it years ago, but better late than never.

Congrats on an amazing contribution to all those who aspire to be independent! And love the picture in front of you-know-what.

Best wishes always,
Karen
#1378314 by ken-admin
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Thanks very much, Karen - really kind of you...

I really appreciate your digital (and "real-world" at the restaurant) hugs! 🤗 Wonderful post - heck, it could be an SBI! review, all by itself! This, in particular, resonated with me...

When I think about the floundering and dead ends I went down before I discovered SBI!, my pleasant life as it is would never have come about in the way it has without you and your incredible gift of SBI!.

This is the first vacation, ever, that I haven't been able to drive (double vision due to ocular MG), which is a drag. On the other hand, I've had lots of time to zone out and just daydream-gaze at the scenery...

"Disengaging brain" (from the constant day-to-day) is critical for big-picture creativity. And I need a creative solution to the "floundering and dead ends" journey that most would-be solopreneurs take.

I suspect that most give up before they find SBI!. Either that, or many develop such a hardened cynical shell that they don't recoginze the real deal when they finally see it.

SBIer reviews are one big part of that, as we've talked about. If we can't flood fake reviews off the SERPs and replace them with real ones, a funny (not-so-funny) thing happens...

The more we succeed at building SBI! awareness and traffic, the more business we actually end up sending to WA when increasing numbers of prospective SBIers search for reviews.

So thank you, Karen (and all SBIer's who've posted -to others, please see my sig). THAT part of the solution is absolutely essential.

Meanwhlle, "the floundering and dead ends" continue due to all the noise. It's not just WA that waylays good people with BAM.💥 So many keep getting drawn in by brilliant copywriters who convince them that "this time it's different."

For now...

It's back to daydreaming. Hopefully, your energy and smiling face (along with your "long-and-winding road" story) will serve as the "thumbnail" that seeds a creative answer that takes us to "SBIsland" stage!

Warm regards,
Ken

P.S. The family beckons. I'll pop back in if/when I have a chance - have a couple of thoughts on BI! 4.0 (and upcoming releases on that) and another thread or 2. Interesting things going on here! :-)