Pour yourself an e-cappuccino and c'mon in. This is the spot for idle chat, gossip, rumors, and personal news. If it is personal, it belongs here, as long as it's done well and stays friendly. :-)

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1377493 by Jill from Westbury
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:15 pm
What a great opportunity! I wish I could join you, but I'm currently in San Miguel de Allende in Mexico for a few months. Enjoy the evening everyone and I hope to catch you the next time!

Jill
#1377510 by ken-admin
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 pm
Thanks for starting this thread, Karen. Since Jill's in San Miguel, it falls to you as resident expert SFer! :-)

Would you mind organizing this if enough folks are in the area and interested? I know it's kind of last moment, but let's see if it comes together. :-)

Let's make it Saturday the 29th in San Francisco. We'll be in the Fairmont (Yuki's choice since she's such a big fan of Anthony Bourdain and wants go to their Tonga room or whatever it's called ;-) ). It's been a long time since we've done a road trip! We're just sort of pointing the car and following it. :-)

We're heading out of town today after dim sum, but will be back downtown next weekend by Saturday, the 29th, then heading south on Monday. Karen, we'll pop this into the SBIX to see how many "Golden Staters" want to get together. :-)

Let's see how many are around. Maybe we'll just have a Tonga time if there are only a few of us! :-)

All the best,
Ken
#1377513 by Karen from Ferrysburg
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm
Hi Ken,
Saturday the 29th sounds good. I love the Tonga Room! One of the original Tiki bars, complete with thunderstorms. Looks like it's booked up for Saturday night, but Yuki, they still have some late tables available for Sunday night, if you wanted to book it for the family. :)

I'd be happy to arrange the gathering; we'll see how many are coming and then figure out where to go. Top of the Mark is nice; across the street from the Tonga Room - another possibility, but there's lots of choices.

Enjoy your road trip!
Karen
#1377724 by Karen from Ferrysburg
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:25 pm
Giving this a bump. Bay Area SBI'ers, here's your chance to hang out with Ken! Post here if you can make it this Saturday.

Cheers,
Karen
#1377824 by ken-admin
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:51 am
Haha, what overwhelming interest. I guess everyone in San Francisco is off trying to build the next "unicorn dotcom," Karen. ;-)

If it's still just you by Saturday morning, Karen, we'd love to invite you (and a significant other, if you like) to dinner, probably Chinese...

We don't have a really great Chinese restaurant in Anguilla, so we like to take advantage when we can. - I'm not 100% sure of the plan for supper - everyone else is sleeping, not sure what they decided - I'm easy :-) ).

Are the last 3 digits of your phone number 239? If so, I'll give you a ring at the phone number we have for you tomorrow, Karen.

All the best,
Ken
#1377851 by Karen from Ferrysburg
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:57 pm
Good morning, Ken. I would love to join you for dinner tonight! Yes, that's my phone number. Can't believe we have such a deficit of SBI'ers in this area; such a fertile territory for infopreneurs! Chinese sounds great, or anything else you pick.
See you tonight,
Karen
#1377855 by Susan from Ash Flat
Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:31 pm
Oooh Karen, lucky you :) Wish I lived in SF. Ken.. if you ever come to Oklahoma (not a vacation destination I know :lol: ) I'd be first in line. Hope you have a blast!
#1377859 by Mary from Mico
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Same here Susan!

Karen, enjoy your evening!!!

(PS Susan, I'd drive from KS to OK to see Ken and family anytime.....)

Mary
#1377874 by Karen from Tombstone AZ
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 pm
Oh wow - we just missed you Ken!

We were there a few weeks ago over the 6th, our 49th wedding anniversary! And we used tips from Jill's [Domain Private] to find a great place to stay, with parking & tour China Town. We also found our own fire-engine tour, we discovered it as it roared by when we were having breakfast.

We love SF & always get there every few years. If we'd been there a few weeks later, or you'd been there a few weeks earlier - would've love to have met up with you!
#1377888 by Jill from Westbury
Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:29 pm
Karen,

So glad my site was helpful for you and happy you enjoyed your visit.

Karen (from SF),

Enjoy your evening! Happy you are able to connect with Ken.

Ken,

Hope you are enjoying your stay. I'm bummed that I'm not around to enjoy the evening with all of you.

Jill
#1377905 by ken-admin
Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:36 am
We're on our way, Karen. And hey, I didn't realize that you were now up to #2 for "solo build it review(s)"...

[Domain Private]

Only "CMO Mike" is ahead of you! Actually, when you scan that page 1, you see a bunch of real folks creating businesses about REAL niches... SF, table tennis, swords. It's amazing. After that you start to see a few WA affiliates with their "make money" domains tipping off the reader (hopefully).

What the reader does not realize is that tens of thousnds of folks have received, as their first assignment...

"Write fake reviews." The Boot Camp doesn't say that DIRECTLY of course. Many would balk at that directness. However, the outcome of their "how to" and advice is that fake reviews, by defintion, end up getting created, they just don't realize it.

That's why it's taking longer to build a substantial presence in the SERPs for the older name, "site build it review(s") and our acronym, "sbi." Almost no WA affiliate can make much money with so many reviews competing for the identical super-tight niche, yet that's THE goal. But they sure do build a HUGE MOAT, for free.

Anyway, we'll flood into those spaces with enough reviews over time.

Just wanted to say congrats on great results. To all - keep those REAL REVIEWS coming! :-)

See you soon,
Ken

P.S. Sue, when in OKC, we'll give a ring! :-)
#1377937 by Karen from Ferrysburg
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:04 pm
Thanks for a wonderful evening, Ken! I had a great time hanging out with you guys! So glad I got to meet you and your super-nice family. Enjoy your trip down the coast; the scenery is gorgeous (and should be a little warmer than it was in SF last night...brrr).
All the best,
Karen