Pour yourself an e-cappuccino and c'mon in. This is the spot for idle chat, gossip, rumors, and personal news. If it is personal, it belongs here, as long as it's done well and stays friendly. :-)

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1390222 by Timothy from Glen Hope
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 am
"BAM takes you a long way if you apply it well." Essentially describes my motivation right now. Except that isn't good enough. Right now I am preparing my very old website for transfer to https compatibility. It is a long tough journey, worth the effort I might add.

I might also add...or not... I am thrilled to be a part of this community. I have been refurbishing my 10 year old website for https: compatibility. I am happy to report that I have reduced my error count from over 1400 to less than 25 errors. Left to fix that is.

In 2018 I shall apply well my skills and talent to attain https: compatibility for all my website business. There I said it. Okay, back to work
Tim
#1390298 by Susan from Ash Flat
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:16 am

Great to see you back here in the forums Ken, Happy New Year to you and your family!

Also good news to hear that you're getting control over the health issues you've been having and that the big, bad possibilities have been ruled out :D

I've been feeling a bit scattered and disorganized over the past 6 months or so business-wise, and falling traffic and income on my fidosavvy site is to blame for most of that. I often feel as though I'm taking one step forward and two back, but having survived some very dark days after Panda I know that it can all turn on a dime (one way or the other) and have faith that things will improve.

This sums it up pretty well and the sentence I've put in bold gave me something worth remembering as I beaver away going forward.

You may have been doing it for too long. Or you may have had a bad year in terms of income. Whatever it may be, what can you do about it? First, though, do appreciate the accomplishment...

It's not easy to build a high-traffic domain with a recognized brand in a niche. Income may have declined, but if your traffic is still in the thousands per day, realize that few are anywhere near you. Be proud of that...

And THEN ask yourself how to leverage off that success, either getting the traffic back AND/OR implementing higher-paying monetization...

Doing something new that extends your biz while leveraging off success can rejuvenate both you AND the business.

One of my plans for this year is to get real help with my social media and I'm already looking into that. I know it's not my strength, so getting someone else to do it for me makes the most sense. I love building content and interacting with visitors to my site but struggle with FB and Twitter. I'm working on building Pinterest but am ready to have someone take over for me :lol:

To answer the question about the fill-in-the-blank, there are lots of words I could have used, but right now the first word to come to mind is 'commitment'.

There are times when this site-building business is easy, and fun, and everything is going well. Then there are times when it's difficult, it's hard-work, and nothing is going the way you want it to. BUT I know from experience (I've been doing this a while now) that as long as I keep working, keep learning new things and adjust to meet the changes that are a constant part of this online world, the good times will keep coming back. It's that commitment that gets my behind onto my office chair every single day :lol::lol:
#1390339 by ken-admin
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:45 pm
Well!...

I challenge anyone to find another forum that is composed of such mature, generous individuals. Those who filled in the blanks chose powerful words - "business," "action," "process," "commitment" - that displayed a mindset that most never reach.

If that sounds patronizing, it's not meant that way. While we're all proud at how SBI! helps to form your big-picture thinking of doing business online, we cannot take credit..

You, after all, have to be OPEN to the message. And as Franco noted, you ignore that message (and the process) at your own risk. Ultimately, though, even if you skip major steps the first time around, it takes a special person to say, "I made a mistake"...

Re-booting takes a special kind of persistence. It requires a re-read. As long as you are open to the message, you can read it as critically as you like. As you proceed, you come to understand that the logic behind the SBI! process is as solid as it gets.

And THAT confidence, coupled with the BUSINESS mindset, creates the foundation for a successful effort. Not ALL succeed, of course. It's possible to make mistakes. Those who learn from them will reach their goals on a subsequent effort.

Thanks very much for the inspiration, motivation and honor of working with you!

To a 2018 that OVERdelivers to you when you do the same for your visitors,
Ken

P.S. I'd love to answer each reply, as I have often done in the past. For the next couple of months, I need to keep my hours down. But please know that I read all answers carefully and was moved, and learned, from them all. Thanks, too, for your good wishes. :-)
#1390357 by Franco from Argentina
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks so much for the mention, Ken. I really appreciate it. :)

I challenge anyone to find another forum that is composed of such mature, generous individuals.

Steve Pavlina is going very strong with his new Conscious Growth Club. I'm on that forum and I have to say it's awesome. I have already made new friends in other countries.

I have to confess that I started to appreciate SBI! forums after experiencing being a member of Steve's forum for a month. CGC made me see how important is to network with people in your field. It opened my eyes.

I think CGC it's one step ahead on the technical side (which is surprising because it's still in his early access period). One of Steve's strengths is technology though. He took his time to learn a lot about forums and in building a very strong foundation for it. So, maybe it's not so surprising.

It uses Discourse for the forums (which is becoming the WordPress of forums) and I have to say I like it more than our forums.

I would really love to see Discourse running here in SBI!. I think that would be spectacular!

Hugs <3
#1390392 by Jill from Mullengudgery
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 am
Lovely to hear from you, Ken. Thank you for making the effort, even though you probably don't feel like it.

There seems to be a lot of emphasis on meditation to beat inflammation these days, along with exercise, as you know, so perhaps you could look into that.

You are probably experiencing hot weather, as I am here in the Aust tropics. Hideous. Once the sun is up, my usual beach walks (strolls) are just too uncomfortable but I'm trying dancing in the aircon, from my desk to the fridge and back again! Feel like jiving with me?

My 'word' is probably 'focus', although there are a number of secondary ones...it's linked to motivation I think, so I am doing something a bit different, as per your suggestion in this post. You know us all too well!

Jill
#1390550 by Cathy from North Carolina
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:07 pm
Dear Ken,

Happy New Year! My word would be SWING.

Very sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with pain. I have some experience with that, and was able to cure myself 3 years ago after several years on pain medication for arthritis, inflammation, etc. with a change of diet. Now I don't take any medications. I don't want to bore everyone here with the details, but I would be delighted to tell it to anyone who wants to know...Feel free to contact me. (I've also had shingles, very nasty experience!)

Best,
#1390903 by Cathy from North Carolina
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:21 am
Claude, Good idea, but my newest passion has taken me to an offline pursuit that doesn't allow me time for website building. I wouldn't rule it out completely later, though. (I'm pursuing board certification as a professional genealogist, which has been a 2-plus-year commitment. Then I plan to publish ... things.) :D
#1391186 by Paul from Somewhere, out there...
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:23 am
An interesting further follow up from Ken's references to Logan Paul in his first post; https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1389991#p1389991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWjxSkJpxFU

and some more background to how it ended up here,...
https://www.thevideoink.com/2018/01/10/ ... paul-hold/

Paul