Need help with your site? Showing it off? Want someone's opinion about the design, layout, social side, or a specific page? Need a fresh eye? THIS is the place! And remember... pay it forward. C'mon back and help someone who asks for the same. Help and be helped. We recommend that you ask for a full site review once you have 10 pages (including a couple Tier 3s).

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1376913 by Bonita from Lonetree
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:27 pm
I have 20 pages and have followed the action guide. I am not comfortable with the process and would like to know if I am headed in the right direction. My niche is broad but my husband and I have a farm and wanted our site to link to what we are doing there. Any advice would be appreciated. I can't tell you how excited I get with each page :)
#1376920 by Rita from clipartqueen.com
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Hi Bonita,

I took a look and now I have a craving for fried green tomatoes.
So you must do something right :-)

On the page "Vegetable garden" you have the picture of tomatoes and a link, but I didn't go there because I just thought I would hear some botanic facts about the tomato plant. So maybe you should tell some more about what you get if you click the link.

And I missed a link from the page about tomatoes to the page with recipe of fried green tomatoes.

Generally on the home page I think you should make it more "what we can give you"/"how we can help you"-like, it kind of centers too much on what you are doing. I think the balance should be more outward, if that makes sense.

Best regards

Rita
#1376958 by Bonita from Lonetree
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 pm
Rita I made several changes can you take a look and see if I am heading in the right direction. Thank you for your time.
#1376973 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 pm
Bonita, what is it that you're not comfortable with? Maybe there is something we could suggest.

One thing I noticed on your site is that you're using the font Comic Sans. This really dates it, and makes it look like it's out of 1980. I would choose something that looks a little less like that era.
#1377013 by Rita from clipartqueen.com
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 pm
Hi again Bonita,

Yes, it is nice to see a little more of what it's all about.
I would suggest that you still start with
"Our mission is to live a Simple Country Life on
J-B Rustic Farm and provide the same opportunity for others by handing down our traditions and providing handmade and
home grown products."
but change the "for others" to "for you".
I think the direct approach would make me feel much more welcome and involved.

Then I would go on as you already do until after
"We hope to hand down much of what we have learned to our family and friends so they in turn can pass it on to the next generation."
Again I think I would change that to something like this (my English is not that good, but I hope you will get the idea)
We hope to hand down much of what we have learned and learn throughout our work on the farm to you, to our family and friends so you in turn can pass it on to the next generation"

And THEN I would place the descriptions of your T2 pages with pictures.
If you take a look at the website [Domain Private] by Cath (SBI-er) you can see what I mean.
She has thes What you will find on this site-pictures with description. You get to know a little of what it is about, but want to know more, so you click the picture.

I agree with Jackie about the font, but if you like it, keep it. :)

Rita