Need help with your site? Showing it off? Want someone's opinion about the design, layout, social side, or a specific page? Need a fresh eye? THIS is the place! And remember... pay it forward. C'mon back and help someone who asks for the same. Help and be helped. We recommend that you ask for a full site review once you have 10 pages (including a couple Tier 3s).

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1378264 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:21 am
Marylyn - I hope you don't mind me posting this here even though you didn't ask for a site review. If you want me to move it please let me know.

But I know you're really dispirited about your site at the moment so I've done a bit of digging. Have you read Ken's series about Alexa? I know, it's figures and stats and not the most easy to read stuff, but basically what he's saying is that Alexa provides a good baseline to know how your site is doing in comparison to others. You can see his Alexa series on the blog, here.

So I went and put your site into Alexa and here's what happened:

marylyn1.jpg
marylyn1.jpg (28.51 KiB) Viewed 519 times

Your Alexa rank is really good! This easily puts you into the "success" ranks of sites!

It's hard to see but it looks like for some reason between January and mid-May, the site dropped massively - maybe because it's seasonal?

Alexa also tells you which of your keywords is bringing the most traffic...

marylyn1a.jpg
marylyn1a.jpg (14.31 KiB) Viewed 519 times

- do these make sense to you?

So then let's look a little further down the page...

marylyn2.jpg
marylyn2.jpg (14.9 KiB) Viewed 519 times

I don't know whether you can see these figures clearly, but trust me - they are figures a lot of people would be ecstatic to have...

• Bounce rate 33.8%
  • Page views per visitor 5.5
  • Time on site over 9 minutes!

These should make you very happy! People like your site!

:D:D:D:D

I obviously can't get access to your Google Analytics, but it would be worth checking the Alexa data against them. I know - more stats :? - but Mike Allton has done a really good article about how to get the best out of GA without driving yourself insane - here's a link.

So then I took myself over to Search It!, a nifty little tool that's often sadly forgotten. I know you're concerned about not many pages being indexed. Well, here's what Search It! found via Google...

marylyn3.jpg
marylyn3.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 519 times

273 pages indexed.

I think it's the new features of BI!4 that caused you to feel disheartened, but these figures are good. Looking at one or two isn't enough - you need to check them out against each other. If you want me to help with that just say the word!

Does any of this help? Please don't lose heart! You are one of the most helpful, enthusiastic people on these forums and you deserve nothing but success!

Cath.
#1378267 by Marylyn from family-getaways-melbourne.com
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:47 pm
Hi Cath

Thank you for doing that Sweetheart :!:

Yes, I've seen most of those figures during recent researches :lol::lol:

It's hard to see but it looks like for some reason between January and mid-May, the site dropped massively - maybe because it's seasonal?

I have no idea what on earth went on during that time. January to mid May is peak time for Melbourne. My traffic is at its best then as well. So your guess is as good as mine.

I have been working behind the scenes looking at Google Analytics stats and Statcounter (which I just put onto the site early this afternoon.)

https://statcounter.com/

It's easy to set up and pop into the footer Sitewide Dot.

Gives some amazing results back to you. Where customers come from, what platform they used to get to you. What pages they entered the site, where they went and so on. Very in depth statistics. It was here that I noticed this ...

ripe-visitor.jpg
Hi Cath!
ripe-visitor.jpg (71.49 KiB) Viewed 499 times

How's that :!:

Thanks for the link to Mike's Article. I will definitely be reading that one :shock:

According to Analytics as of the 30th/07/2017 the site has 306 pages indexed.

Does any of this help? Please don't lose heart! You are one of the most helpful, enthusiastic people on these forums and you deserve nothing but success!

Thank you Cath, I really appreciate the effort that you have gone to to calm my jitters.
Cheers,
Marylyn
#1378463 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:38 am
Haha amazing to see my little tiny village, population 536, on Statcounter!! Which, incidentally, I've never tried but I'm going to take a look at it now, given what you said, Marylyn.

Keep the faith, my dear. You have a great site with great stats. :D

Cath.
#1378898 by Tracey from Du Toitskloof
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 pm
Marylyn, those stats are really good, so please be encouraged! My own bounce rate is in the high 70's, so wow, you have a brilliant bounce rate and I am one of those people who is jealous!!! :mrgreen: !!!!

My traffic has also taken a huge dive the last couple months, trying hard to figure it out myself - but just want to encourage you to keep on keeping on. Stats are the worst thing to try and get your head around (my worst part of site building) but hang in there!! The BI stats are a stepping stone for analyzing and planning your pages, not for seeing how your site is doing overall. So play with BI , but don't be disheartened by the figures there...

Lotsa hugs,
Tracey