Need help with your site? Showing it off? Want someone's opinion about the design, layout, social side, or a specific page? Need a fresh eye? THIS is the place! And remember... pay it forward. C'mon back and help someone who asks for the same. Help and be helped. We recommend that you ask for a full site review once you have 10 pages (including a couple Tier 3s).

Moderator: Maria from Agness

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1386370 by Kai from Fall Branch
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm
Hi Debs!

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your knowledge and experience very much. :-)

I actually do follow the parameters I set in Site Designer for head and text sizes. I do vary the fonts, however, in some of the callout boxes.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being extremely important, what would you rate the importance of me making the fonts more consistent throughout the site would be?

I have to say that this is the first time I’ve ever heard of anyone ever having a problem with the fonts, since I started my site 10 years ago. I’m not saying it’s not a problem for some folks; just saying this is the first time it’s come to my attention.

I have to weigh the importance of all the things on my To Do list.

There were several wonderful suggestions given in this thread which I’m doing, all of which takes time.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the $ to pay SBI to help me with the fonts.

I have to say, I get quite discouraged at times with all the left brain stuff to keep track of with having a site. It seems every time I get one area handled regarding my site, about 10 others pop up that need attending to.

And as technology keeps improving and expanding, it gets more and more and more and more complicated.

I’m extremely right brain, and LOVE the creative side, the writing itself, the visual presentation, the sharing of helpful info.

The rest of it for me is quite challenging.

Probably way more info than anyone wants to hear, although I know there are others who resonate with what I’m saying.

All the best to you all…
Kai
#1386389 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi Kai:

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being extremely important, what would you rate the importance of me making the fonts more consistent throughout the site would be?

I would say between 8 and 10. On the pages where you vary fonts a lot, a 10; on pages where you only do it once or twice, an 8. It comes down to how professional your site looks.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the $ to pay SBI to help me with the fonts.

SiteSell Support is free. http://support.sitesell.com/contact-support.html

All my best,

Debs
#1386409 by Kai from Fall Branch
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:38 pm
Thanks Debs!

Good to know. I had envisioned it as a huge job and therefore assumed there would be a charge. :-)

Yay SBI!

Thanks for giving me a perspective on the importance of taking care of the fonts.

It’s on my list!

Thanks again for all your help.

All the best to you,
Kai