Need help with your site? Showing it off? Want someone's opinion about the design, layout, social side, or a specific page? Need a fresh eye? THIS is the place! And remember... pay it forward. C'mon back and help someone who asks for the same. Help and be helped. We recommend that you ask for a full site review once you have 10 pages (including a couple Tier 3s).

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1387945 by Maria from Agness
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:36 pm
Hi Richard,

First of all I have to let you know I'm not in your target market. I know very little about MLM and have no interest in it so my comments might not mean much. I'm not really going to comment on your content but the look and feel of the site from a design point of view.

The home page seems rather busy, there is a lot of text. Apart from the recent articles links at the bottom of the page there doesn't seem to be any links within all that text to draw you further into the site.

I looked at your site on my desktop PC using a widescreen monitor and your site seems to hug the left side of the screen. You may want to centre it so there isn't a lot of white space on the right.

The yellow box is a great idea but the message is negative. Perhaps something like This MLM guide will get your feet moving. Not great but it's posive instead of negative.

The homepage is the gateway into your site, I'd add more images with links to the areas you cover and more white space.
Your first paragraph could be just one larger image of a successful MLMer with a link to page about the industry. But I wouldn't have that as your first patagraph. The first paragraph should be about your visitors like your second paragraph. All those questions should be links further into your site that answers those questions.

Sorry that's all I got time for for now, and as I said I'm not really familiar with you niche so your visitors may expect something different than I would.

Hope it helps a bit though,
Maria
#1387992 by Joseph from Mount Laurel
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 pm
Hi,

Just thought I would post a quick comment.

Site content looks good. But when you have a responsive template and you minimize your bowser---then go even further so you are looking at a mobile phone,--well you need to take a look at it.
I am looking at it in Firefox 52.5.0.
#1388013 by Richard from stjamescogic.com
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:16 am
Thank you Maria + Joseph.

I will make some necessary adjustments. However, I know that my site looks funny when viewed from a mobile device. I though the responsive design supposed to take care of that. But I guess it doesn't. I have to find a way to fix it.

Rich
#1388022 by Debs from SiteSell
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:02 pm
It does take care of mobile-readiness if you haven't put something in the page that keeps it from doing that. Check the gridblocks at the top and bottom of StJamesLogic.com to make sure it is the new Responsive Gridblock. Same with other gridblocks you've used. Press on the grid, if you see Grid upper left of the sidebar, it is the fixed version. If you see Responsive, then it is the responsive one, that's good.

The iframe you put in is a fixed width, you should stick with percentages. Change it to 100% instead of the fixed width="580" you currently have.

You have all images and no text on the home page. You really need to have some text (that's an SEO observation). Another observation, update your footer copyright date to 2014-2017. Update every January ;)

All my best,

Debs
#1388130 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:23 pm
Sorry, Rich. Let Support know however, what shows is the site with the most pages if you have 2 sites live, if only 1 site is live, ask Support to fix it. However, I did "see" your StJamesLogic.com page so it is live right now. Here's their form: http://support.sitesell.com/contact-support.html

For richmentorship.com

I suggest you move the Social Bar block to the bottom of the page. It's code you don't need at the top, it will still act the same if you put it in the footer. This will reduce code "above the fold" which search engines prefer.

I also suggest you make your sidebar iframe taller. Reduce scrolling, users will like that they don't have to scroll once to get through the side column, and another to get down the page.

You have 4 photos in a plain Grid, they need to go into a Responsive Gridblock (RG) instead. This can skew mobile view, but not the way it is showing to me (big gap all the way down on the far left, squishing your entire site to 1/2 screen). When you use a plain Grid vs Responsive one, you just don't see the images cascading down and end up having to scroll right to view all of them. The RG will cascade the images nicely so they are all viewable on screen.

Other than that, I would suggest you also go to Support regarding the mobile view. I'm no expert, but I don't see anything that would cause the site to skew so badly in mobile view. They might be able to fix it for you.

All my best,

Debs