Need help with your site? Showing it off? Want someone's opinion about the design, layout, social side, or a specific page? Need a fresh eye? THIS is the place! And remember... pay it forward. C'mon back and help someone who asks for the same. Help and be helped. We recommend that you ask for a full site review once you have 10 pages (including a couple Tier 3s).

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1389380 by S from Giddarbaha
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 am
Hello Everyone,
I am associated with site sell for close to two year now. My website is close to two years and contains 132 pages. Still most of my pages are above 30 in ranking. Quiet a few are doing really good. As a member of site sell please do visit my website and give me your feed back as where i need to improve my pages. On an average i am getting close to 2300 visitors per month. Is it a good or bad improvement?

Thank you all for your feed back

Jayashree
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Introduce Yourself to here as you are asking for a review.
#1389475 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi Jayashree,

I found the text on the home page rather dry ... it didn't explain the beauty of India, the customs with passion. It didn't make me want to go to India. The content comes across as being written 3rd person ... I want to know what you love about India, what you recommend and why. You are the expert after all ;)

I think with travel sites like yours, you need something to really show off the beauty of India, bigger pictures, no more than 2 columns, very wide to allow you to put bigger pictures on the pages. I would go with a small header on internal pages, let the images for that page show off and not compete with the same repeating big header like you have now.

On this page, you are asking for comments before I've read the page, seems backward to me but maybe I'm missing something there:
[Domain Private]

You show a lot of images, with text (caption?) under the image that is linked but the image isn't linked. I kept wanting to click the image but nothing. Usability recommends if you link the caption, you should link the image too. You have some beautiful pictures.

Also I looked at your meta tags for the tourism page ...

<title>Tourism</title>

<meta name="keywords" content="tourism">

<meta name="description" content="tourism :Adventure, beaches, wildlife, hill stations, himalays, piligrimage, deserts, forts and temples">

You've pretty much not followed the Action Guide when it comes to these. For instance, it should be something about "India Tourism" not just "tourism" I didn't check keywords, but you should have a wonderful variety of good keywords for India itself that will likely have "India" in the keyword phrase. These are what you should be using.

For the title, it should be an enticing phrase or short sentence about the page, not one word, but rather something around 60 characters.

For description, you build upon what you started with the 'title' ... again, informative, enticing, or controversial if warranted. The description should be around 150 characters.

Also, if a proper name, such as Himalayas, it should always be capitalized, regardless of where it appears (on page or in source code like the tags above).

However, you capitalized Adventure, but it shouldn't be unless it is part of a proper noun, such as Himalayan Adventure Trail (if there were such a trail named that).

The rich history of India, the beautiful architecture, etc. I want to "feel" these, see them with my eyes, but also with my mind as I read the words you lay before me. Entice me! :)

All my best,

Debs
#1389713 by S from Giddarbaha
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 am
Hi Debs

Thank you for your reply. Will surely work on your suggestions

Thanks

Jayashree
#1389722 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:58 am
Good morning, Jayashree,

I have always wanted to go to India so I was excited to see your site. However I'm with Debs - it reads to me a little like a Wikipedia entry. If I were planning a holiday to India, I'd want to be inspired by its beauty.

Here's a suggestion which I hope you'll find useful. Go to DAY 4 of the Action Guide, even if you've done it quite recently, and go through the section which takes you through creating your customer profile. If you haven't done it recently you'll find DAY 4 much more detailed than it was previously, and the section about the site visitor is particularly detailed because it's so important.

Take time to go through it carefully. It will help you work out who exactly your target audience is. Are you aiming at students of India? (in which case your current information would be helpful). Or first-time visitors? People who want to find the "hidden parts"? Honeymooners? Older couples who are exploring the world?

Depending on who your ideal visitor is will depend on how you write. So, after you go through those exercises, just take a little time to sit quietly and visualise her / him in your mind's eye. Really think about it in detail - who is she (I say she because it's generally women who plan holidays although that's a massive generalisation of course!)? What's her name? Does she have a family? What is her family like? Where do they live?

Visualise this person even down to what they look like.

When you're writing, always keep that person in mind. Write as though you're speaking directly to her. Forget the rest of the world. Make this person your friend for life!

In my view, having a person in mind may change the style of your writing so that it becomes much more personal.

I'll be coming back to your site often in the hope that your words will inspire me to visit India!

Kindest wishes

Cath.
#1389805 by S from Giddarbaha
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:56 am
Hi Cath,

Thank you for your feed back. Will work on your suggestions. Next time when you visit my site you will have a surprise.

Thank you

Jayashree