Need help with your site? Showing it off? Want someone's opinion about the design, layout, social side, or a specific page? Need a fresh eye? THIS is the place! And remember... pay it forward. C'mon back and help someone who asks for the same. Help and be helped. We recommend that you ask for a full site review once you have 10 pages (including a couple Tier 3s).

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1393627 by Gary from Jurong West
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 am
Hi all

I've been wanting to get some fresh views on my site below:

[Domain Private]

In particular, any comments about how I can improve the sales or click through of my book (on the right column) and also the email sign-up box?

Thanks in advance!
#1393632 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:59 am
Good morning, Gary,

In terms of your email sign-up box, the box itself is fine. The problem is, I have no idea what I'm signing up for. People guard their email addresses and don't give them away easily. So you really need to do more than just put a box up and hope for the best.

I'd suggest adding a page which tells people exactly what they're signing up for - i.e. how often will you be mailing them, what you'll cover, what's in it for them etc - and also describe what your free giveaway is. It may be you have this somewhere on your site, but if so I wasn't able to find it.

You could then add a sentence on top of the sign-up box in your left column which says something like "Sign up for my free newsletter now - or click here for more information". So people know exactly what it's for and what they need to do next.

That's what I do, and it results in a good number of sign-ups. You can see an example in my right column, [url=[Domain Private]/]here[/url].

In terms of your sales page, could I suggest that you take a look at the series of articles which is currently being featured in the SBI! blog (and will shortly become a series in our Tips'n'Techniques section). It's based on a Challenge which took place in the forums last year, and leads you through the steps to writing a good product review.

This is a link to Part 1. Part 2 is linked to from there, and Part 3 is due out on Wednesday.

Having read yours, I think you're on the right track but I found it a little long, text-dense (i.e. it would benefit from some imagery) and the "Buy" button is much too far down the page - I had to scroll a long way before reaching it.

One further comment: I'd really like to see a pic of you on your "About"page. People like to know they're communicating with a real person, and a photo helps. Many people also add photos of their family and you refer to yours so that would add to the personality of the site.

Just some initial thoughts to start you off. Hope you find them helpful.

Kind regards

#1393634 by Gary from Jurong West
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 pm
Hi Cath, thanks a lot - that’s very helpful indeed to me. I will check out the tips on the sales page!
#1393642 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:08 pm

There is a picture on your home page of a girl looking at a model, then right after it, you have a headline that really clashes with it.That would be this;

Who Am I?

My name is Gary Tan. I’m a 39 year old and married with kids. I’m an optimistic, driven and friendly kind of guy – in case you can’t tell from m picture on the left.

In my spare time, I love to read, watch movies and play computer games. I’m also passionate about preserving Singaporean culture and providing career counseling to students at the local university. Oh, and share my experiences about project management and business analysis, of course.

Pretty much the life of your typical married man (I hope).

I currently work for a leading management consulting firm in Singapore. I’ve over 16 years’ experience across both banking and consulting, and have project managed several large-scale Business and IT transformation projects for leading Asian Banks and insurance companies.

Questions or comments? Please drop me a note here. I’d love to hear from you.

I would get that off the home page and put it on an about page. Home page should be all about the visitor.
#1393688 by The Team from Rouleau
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Hi Gary,

Your site looks very professional but it doesn't excite me. Your blurb on the homepage is a good start but you're only telling me that you've got the best tips, strategies and techniques without showing me.

In this paragraph "This blog is where I show you the exact tips, strategies and techniques I’ve used to deliver projects over my 18 year career as a Project Manager and Business Analyst."

I would add something like tips like_____________________, strategies and techniques such as____________. Get me excited about what you're going to show me.

Also how about a chart or graph (for visual interest ) related to project management that tells me the visitor and novice project manager that we are on the same page-- a standard simple process like the image you have on [Domain Private]

Also that page in Firefox has the entire right hand column sitting below your content after the about Gary box.

Just my two cents.... Hope it helps.