All you ever need to build traffic is in the various HQs of Solo Build It! (other traffic-related topics in DAY 9 of the AG, see those forums below, too). Gotta great idea or a question that's not covered elsewhere? For example, even solopreneurs can start their own affiliate programs to build traffic and income - need help with that? This is the right spot for you.

Moderators: Stephen from Monroeville, Wendy from Toronto

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1379580 by PDUK from Holly Ridge
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:44 pm
Hi guys,

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in but I just wanted to say that I am attending a Launch Party for one of the brands that I sell, and there's going to be a lot bloggers and other influential people there in my niche which is Vintage Fashion.

I'd like to go prepared as it's on this Thursday the 24th August, and I wanted to get some expert advice on what kind of strategies I could knock up with some of these bloggers. I know about guest blogging which i'vr tried and tested but it didn't resonate with them so I'm looking forward to getting some new ideas.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Best,

Nick

[Domain Private]
#1379690 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:03 am
My niche (backyard chicken keeping) is so totally different, Nick, that I don't know whether this is at all helpful...

I tend to go to trade shows, and I literally just talk to people. The first time I did it I had no clue about what I was looking for except to become better known in my niche. It definitely worked... I became sole supplier of various related products through contacts I made - with a jeweller, for example - and ended up being interpreter for the largest manufacturer of chicken egg incubators at an Italian trade show - and as a result of that, getting all their latest products to try instead of a fee.

In terms of my own site and how this could work to increase credibility there, I also try to take pics of me with the "influential people" and that's certainly something you could do. It goes down well on the website or on your FB page to see that you actually know some of those people, even if you don't "know" them very well! And how about some "off the cuff" interviews? Even streaming live from there for FB?

It can be fun going to this type of event.

Sometimes, when you relax and don't try to push things on people, you'd be surprised at the results. I think going with a specific agenda of "I want to do guest blogging" just puts people off.

So - relax and have fun - and let us know how it goes!

Cath.
PS Oh and - remember to give out business cards like they were going out of {ahem} fashion!