All you ever need to build traffic is in the various HQs of Solo Build It! (other traffic-related topics in DAY 9 of the AG, see those forums below, too). Gotta great idea or a question that's not covered elsewhere? For example, even solopreneurs can start their own affiliate programs to build traffic and income - need help with that? This is the right spot for you.

Moderators: Stephen from Monroeville, Wendy from Toronto

Read Only
#894838 by Kome from Ota
Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 pm
Caution, this thread is out of date.

Hello everyone.

I am a little bit concerned about traffic to my website which I launched in June this year. I already have over 50 pages up.

My traffic stats for the website is just above 30 unique visitors per day. I have applied for value exchange.

Though traffic has been on a steady climb since that time, l'm wondering if the traffic stats is normal for a website that is barely 6 months old on the net.

Any ideas on how to improve traffic to my website will be appreciated.

By the way, the niche for my website is love relationship and the domain is: [Domain Private].

Thanks in anticipation of your valuable contributions.

Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added caution out of date notice to thread.
#894846 by Andrew from Shawbridge
Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:48 pm
Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

If you are willing to put the extra bucks in, I HIGHLY recommend the WSRB Link building package that Sitesell Coaching offers. I had roughly 40 uniques in september, and now (2 months later) I have about 110 uniques a day. Almost tripled my traffic in 2 months...
#895749 by Della from Reyno
Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 am
Kome -
I am just as frustrated as you are. My site is 8 months old and I am only getting 42 unique visitors a day. I spend a great deal of time on Yahoo Answers, Yedda. spirituality forums, answering dofollow blogs, writing articles, and my site is listed in several of the major 2nd tier directories. I am at my wits end about how slowly my traffic is building.

I have never heard of the WSRB Link building package. I will check it out because nothing else is working very well.

I guess we just have to keep on pushing that huge snowball up the hill. :(

#895783 by Andrew from Shawbridge
Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:38 am

It sounds to me like you are still just trying to get over the hump in your site building.

Don't be discouraged...

This is normal for many sites. Yes, I'm sure you've seen many people's sites in the forums doing better, but there are also a lot that aren't (for 8 month old sites).

But one thing IS common for both groups that persevere.

They still come out on top.

Take a look at a few TNT articles if you are still feeling discouraged. They are in no particular order:

That last one is an especially good one to look at. It is easily the biggest reason that sites in their 1st year give up or fail.
#896094 by Kome from Ota
Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 pm
Thanks Andrew! You simply rock. Just to set the record straight, I am not all that worked up about traffic for now. I just wanted a little reassurance that l am not doing too badly in terms of traffic - at least for a new site.

And Della, l understand how you feel completely. My advice to you is to concentrate more on generating and putting more great content while you seek more ways to fine tune what you already have up on your site.

You could also take a look at the WSRB link building package as suggested by Andrew.

But, remember that it all starts with great quality content. Without it, even when you get the traffic you desperately seek, you won't retain them for long.

Thanks once again guys! I appreciate your help.

All the best.
#897402 by Della from Reyno
Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:30 am
Andrew -
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I may feel discouraged, but one thing is certain -- I am not giving up until my site is successful. It is just nice to know that I am not so far behind other sites that are the same 'age' as mine.

Kome - I am still building content. Today, after I did some cooking for my Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, I wrote a blogspot and added an article to my site article directory.

With Thanksgiving coming tomorrow, I would like to give thanks for all of the wonderful people who are part of SBI. There is definitely no greater bunch of people.

#1393962 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm
Victor from Belleoram wrote:so I'm not concerned but I will have to ask about this WSRB thing. Never heard of it before.
This is a really old thread so it's referring to a reputation builder that is no longer available due to Panda. Stick with growing slowly.
#1394024 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:08 pm
Debs from SiteSell wrote:Penguin, not Panda when it comes to inbound links.
Right. My mistake. Still, this is an incredibly old thread, and it's not much use to try to revive it.