There is no limit to the external functionality that you can plug into your solopreneurial site, whether you use BlockBuilder or your own HTML Editor. Use Solo Build It!'s Infin It! module to hook outside applications into your SBI! site. What are you trying to do? Have a "how to" question? Need help getting things integrated that don't need Infin It!? Post here!
#1373533 by Kim from New Farm
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:19 am
Hi everyone

I've been looking at a way to easily create some Ebooks, and have tried some software that adds on to your printer and a few others, but they all had the same problem. If I created the document in MS Word then converted it to pdf, any hyperlinks disappeared.

So I went online and looked for solutions and there were dozens of forums offering suggestions, but not many that worked or were easy, or were free.

Anyway, I found a site called http://www.zamzar.com.

I created my Ebook in MS Word (i just copied and pasted one of my pages) then formatted it so it all flowed properly, and added my header.

Then I went to the Zamzar site, and uploaded the MS Word file.

They converted it to PDF, then sent me an email with a link to download the file.

I then saved it to my computer, then uploaded it to SBI using Quick Upload It.

Then I added a button to the page on my website with a link to the file.

Here's my page:

[Domain Private]/new-zealand-top-5-things-to-do-in-2017.html

If you click on the "Download Page as FREE Ebook" button, you should be able to download the file.

And the links are preserved.

I can't see any problems with this solution but would appreciate your comments.

Let me know if it works for you.

regards

Dave
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Images etc to here as doing a PDF involves a 3rd party app.
#1373549 by George from Prestea
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:12 am
@Kim,

Thanks for sharing.

But I'm wondering...

Microsoft Office has had native SAVE AS PDF for as far back as version 2010, and even 2007 had an official "add-in" to add SAVE AS PDF support.

I've just confirmed Office 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions on Windows PCs and Office 2011 & 2016 for Mac (I have computer training lab at home and a lot of time on my hands), and they all retained clickable links when I selected SAVE AS PDF. On Mac, Command+P (click PDF, SAVE AS PDF) is even faster -- no 3rd-party plugin needed -- and it does retain clickable links.

Any particular reason you didn't use the native Word PDF support but opted for 3rd-party tools (printer add-ins and Zamzar)?

I'm just curious!
#1373551 by Kim from New Farm
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:57 am
Hi George

I'm a bit of a dinosaur and still have Word 2003!!

In the forums I saw various posts where people had saved using later versions of Word and the links didn't hold.

regards

Dave