This is the place to introduce yourself. Solo Build It! owners ("SBIers") cover the globe. Let us know a bit about your special corner of the world, about you and your solopreneur plans.

Moderators: Maria from Agness, Diane Marie from HardKnocks

#1371516 by Rachael from obsessedwithparties.com
Fri May 19, 2017 7:07 am
Hi everybody!

I'm Rachael from Massachusetts. I'm 26, and lately (pretty much all of the last 8 years) I've been wondering what exactly it is I want to do with my life, what I should get started, what kind of lifestyle I want and how I'm going to achieve it when suddenly...

Yesterday I was struck with a moment of clarity. I suspect it's because I've been eating healthier and my brain has been functioning better. I was struck with the PERFECT IDEA for my lifestyle goals and that was SBI.

I had dabbled with SBI previously, since it was recommended by a source I trusted completely (Steve Pavlina) but I had never really committed to it and my interest in it fizzled. I never posted to the forums, I didn't take my time going through the action guide, I just wanted to hurry up and get to the site building. I was flying by the seat of my pants, and as it turns out, that didn't work so well. :lol:

But yesterday I realized SBI is the perfect platform to achieve everything I want for my life:

-Online, non-location based business, so I can live wherever I want, or at least wherever there's wifi

-My OWN business, no bosses, no fixed schedule, no nonsense. My rules. :D FREEDOM

-No income cap - If I want to earn more money, I do more work. Easy peasy. If you do more work at your job, if you work 50% harder, do you earn more money? My guess would be no, not unless you did it for 6 months and then maybe got a raise. Maybe.

I've really been dreaming about going digital nomad and working while travelling. That is the ultimate lifestyle goal for me right now and I know me and SBI can achieve it. This time around I'm doing EVERYTHING. This is not a hobby, I am seeking to provide people with value and monetize it. It is a business. The guide said to introduce myself in the forums so I'm doing that.

I have to admit it feels painfully slow, but that's only because I'm so so so excited. I really have to force myself to do my Day 1-5 prep work carefully. When I feel myself itching to move forward, I just ask myself, "If you skipped this and spent 8 months building a site that turned out to not be profitable, would you be sad? Yes? Okay then, don't skip your prep work. Make sure the concept works, BEFORE you build the business!"

This is a long winded way to say hello, but I just wanted to share my thoughts so far. I hope everyone is doing great out there, feeling pumped, building businesses!

Thanks for reading,

Rachael
#1371518 by Turenne from Shenacadie
Fri May 19, 2017 7:39 am
Hi Rachael,
Warm welcome to you!
Reading your introduction, I kept thinking about my own journey.
I was in a hurry to get results like yesterday.
My story is here : [Domain Private]

Have you seen the following Real life Rabbit vs Tortoise race video? I think it sums all pretty well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLGT ... cD8EL3xuD0

All the best in this awesome adventure!
Turenne
#1371627 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Sat May 20, 2017 6:16 pm
Hello Rachael!

Welcome to the forums. :-)

You're going to have a ball working towards meeting your goals. We'll be here to help, support and celebrate whenever you want or need us.

Wishing you all the best for the success of your online business.

Elly
#1371904 by Yuki from East End
Tue May 23, 2017 4:54 pm
Yup Rachael, you really nailed the benefits of SBI!

You know that Chinese proverb, "the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now?” That’s exactly it, you've started now!

A real online business that builds income AND equity takes time, so don’t get discouraged.

Nailing the Action Guide (and first 5 days especially) is so key.

We asked 52 successful SBIers their “non-secrets” to their SBI! success… Basically all of them said the Action Guide.

http://www.sitesell.com/blog/2017/03/so ... crets.html

So don’t feel anxious that you’re taking it slow now — you’re laying out a solid foundation for your business.

You’re asking yourself the right question "If you skipped this and spent 8 months building a site that turned out to not be profitable, would you be sad? Yes? Okay then, don't skip your prep work. Make sure the concept works, BEFORE you build the business!

Go you! 🙌🎉
#1371931 by Diane Marie from HardKnocks
Tue May 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Rachael from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Northborough] wrote:I have to admit it feels painfully slow, but that's only because I'm so so so excited. I really have to force myself to do my Day 1-5 prep work carefully. When I feel myself itching to move forward, I just ask myself, "If you skipped this and spent 8 months building a site that turned out to not be profitable, would you be sad? Yes? Okay then, don't skip your prep work. Make sure the concept works, BEFORE you build the business!"

Welcome Rachael!

You summed up the difficulty with days 1 through 5 in just a few words... " ... because I'm so so so excited ... "

And then followed up with all the reasons why one must do 1 through 5.

Thank you, you're already a great contributor here!!

Again welcome!!
Diane