This is the place to introduce yourself. Solo Build It! owners ("SBIers") cover the globe. Let us know a bit about your special corner of the world, about you and your solopreneur plans.

Moderators: Maria from Agness, Diane Marie from

#1114097 by Fiona from Killashandra
Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:16 pm
Thanks Susan,

it's all a blur on day 2, but at least it's getting a little bit more familiar. When I get home I really hope to find the information action guide and open the videos this time.

#1132140 by Ed from Cowen
Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 am
WOW! Worth the price of admission any day. Thanks and best wishes for your success. In future when I'm sharing SBI with others, I would like your permission to use this, with credit to you, of course. Again, Susan, Thank you.
#1132252 by Susan from Rosemount
Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Share away! And thanks!

Good luck on your new website.
#1133149 by Chandra from Losantville
Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 pm
Hi Susan,
I loved your poem. I am a SBI newbie, could you update me on your SBI experience, thus far is it everything you envisioned it to be? :D
#1133194 by Eleanor from Tooleybuc
Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 am
Hi Susan. Terrific poem! You've really captured the essence of SBI. It's taken me 10 months to get to Day 6 with constant reading and re reading and following posts to really understand what I'm doing. I just read the TAO of SBI and the light came on and suddenly it all made sense.

It's in TNT CTPM Process. When you get there scroll down to the link for the actual document. It's written by Ken.
#1133241 by Susan from Rosemount
Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:53 am
Thanks, Chandra. I've been doing SBI for just under 2 years now. I wrote the poem shortly after I started and before I had settled on my exact site concept and domain name. At the time, I was sifting through my MKL, working through the first few days of the Action Guide, and spending a LOT of time reading the forums! That's how that poem was born.

I've been a very slow turtle. When I got to Day 6, I began focusing solely on building content. It has been much slower than I had hoped it would be. That's mostly due to other time constraints, as well as constantly losing track of where I was when I left off, etc. I have two part-time jobs, and kids at home, and a husband who likes me to spend my evenings with him.

I have just recently been able to spend more time on my website. My husband's schedule now changes every two weeks, which has allowed me more opportunities to really dig in, make a plan, and accomplish some goals in small chunks. I feel like I'm just now starting to get some momentum!

I realized the other day that I never moved beyond Day 6, and it was time to get back to it! I'd had it in my head that I had to put up at least 20 pages, then start a couple of C2s, then move back into Day 7. I'm not sure why I thought I had to do it that way --- probably goes back to the losing-track-of-where-I-was problem.

All that to say that I have not monetized yet. But, truth be told, I'm glad I hadn't gotten around to link-building, AdSense, and all that, because that spared me from the whole Panda and Penguin fiasco!

I'm finally on Day 8. I'm also working my way through the Panda Report, and watching for the Penguin report. My traffic is much better than I had anticipated, considering I have no links, and only 23 pages. This has served as inspiriation to keep plugging away, despite how many other related/competitive sites I've discovered only recently! Also, these forums have really been a life-line, even if all I do is read what others have to say! Inspiration is contagious!

I'm sure this is more information than you were asking for, but there it is. Thanks for asking about me!

Best of luck on your new site! Take it in bite-sized chunks, and you'll get there!
#1142218 by Abayomi from Laytonville
Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:20 pm
Hello Susan and thank you for your classic poem; I really love it! I am 3 and half days old in SBI and I feel that I am definitely on the right track (Day 2 was really something!). I am particularly encouraged by the candid way you have detailed your personal experience since you started with SBI and it makes me understand that this is a family where one can truly be ones-self. I intend work hard at making a success with SBI, and look forward to hearing your own success stories too! Once again Susan, thank you so much for such a lovely inspiring poem.
Kind regards,
#1142260 by Susan from Rosemount
Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:50 pm
Thank you for your kind words, Abayomi. Good luck on your new site!

#1142462 by ken-admin
Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 pm
Wonderful poem, Susan...

Something tells me you'll be paying it forward in the not-too-distant future. :-)

All the best,
#1142641 by Demian from Viemme
Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:46 am
Simply amazing!

I'd love to see more of you
#1181044 by dominique from Ocracoke
Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:23 pm
Great Poem susan, Thank you this really lifeted me today and inspired me to write this:

I read susans poem
And she did inspire me
I relished her expression
Loved the creativity
It makes me happy to be part of this
Wonderful team
Just check out the forums
And you will see what I mean

Everyone supportive
And taking the time
Encouraging each other
So that everybody shines
Anyone that is starting
I remind you to believe
All the tools are here
For you to succeed

If I was stuck on a niche
I’d promote SBI
Cos it’s a business built with love
That Kens sure a great guy
That’s why it attracts
This fantastic group
I’m a happy sbier
Proud of this troupe

I’m just starting in this process
But I wish all of you the best
And I look forward to celebrate
Our joint success
#1181061 by Susan from Rosemount
Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 pm
Thanks, Dominique! Glad I was able to inspire you!

Best of luck with your website!

#1189306 by Marion from Sanostee
Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 am
Enjoyed your post and poem! I recently invested in SBI, watched Days 1 - 5 of the videos, and have started working on Day 2. Day 2 is very heavy! I keep reading and listening over and over. I am not a stupid person, but Day 2 makes me feel a little dense. :)

Like the idea of your website! Can't wait to read any advice you may have!

#1189334 by Susan from Rosemount
Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:41 am
Marion ~ Day 2 is a doozy, isn't it? But keep plugging away --- you'll get there! It's worth it to take your time and to not be hasty in your decisions. The rest will fall together so much better when you've taken your time and you're more sure of yourself. You're only feeling "dense" because you're in that part of the learning curve where you know that you don't know what you're doing.

I believe the process goes:
1) Unconsciously Incompetent -- you're unaware that you don't know how to do it
2) Consciously Incompetent -- you're aware that you don't know how to do it
3) Consciously Competent -- you know what you're doing, but you have to think about it
4) Unconsciously Competent -- you know what you're doing without having to think about it.

That may not be the best description of the four stages of competence, but hopefully you get the idea. (Wikipedia has a better description, I'm sure.) The more you keep plugging away at your website, the more quickly you move through the stages and before you know it, it's second nature to you! :D Trust me, you won't stay stuck at Stage 2 for very long!

Good luck on your website, Marion!