This is the place to introduce yourself. Solo Build It! owners ("SBIers") cover the globe. Let us know a bit about your special corner of the world, about you and your solopreneur plans.

Moderators: Maria from Agness, Diane Marie from

#1382468 by Christine from Elliottville
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:37 am
Thinking of you and praying for #3. I am caring for my ex-husband who was diagnosed with stage 4 tongue cancer last Christmas. He underwent 7 weeks of combined chemo and radiotherapy. CT scans now show no trace of the tumour. With all my heart I wish the same for you. xx
#1382472 by Ian from I'm not sure :)
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:34 pm
Wow, I I want to thank everyone like Debs, Rachel, Mary, Jacki, and Jackie for the good wishes, as I now know that the "power of big prayer" can have great results.

Wow Christine, I am so sorry to hear about your ex-husbands diagnosis, but really glad to hear that the scans showed a DOOOR # 3 ... :)

I want what's behind door #3 too... :)

We'll see in a few weeks. IAN.
#1382582 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:26 pm
appreciate the good days, and make the best of the bad days.

There's a message for each and every one of us in there, Ian.

Thank you for the update. Sending hugs and love and positive thoughts to you and your family.

#1385892 by Ian from I'm not sure :)
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 am
Hi Guys & Girls, I wanted to post an update on my journey.

On a bright note, health wise, due to the slew of chemotherapy and drugs, I am feeling fairly well... just extremely tired which is a side effect of chemo... oh well, I lucky I am not vomiting like some people I met a the chemo lab.

On a more important note, Linda and I have been having a very hard time at coming to gripes with the seriousness and the devastation that will inevitably be coming.

Terminal cancer is weird disease, they (the doctors) can make you feel good with chemo & drugs, but the end is invariably coming which makes for a troubled mindset.

One minute you are happy and feeling good, than the next minute you are super depressed and wondering why this is all happening to you.

I generally have been a super happy, easy go lucky, positive kind of guy, but in the last months, a whole bunch of issues and realities have hit me like a ton of bricks. Your mind can go from being super depressed to even thinking that you would be better of ending it all, just to make the emotional pain go away. Pretty scary **profanity auto removed** if you ask me.

There has been a miserable ball of negative emotion in the base of my stomach for a month now, bad enough that I haven't updated sooner.

I now have 4 days of chemo this week, but next week we will make an appt at a renowned cancer clinic for some mental or spiritual help. Linda and I both need to work through this deeply disturbing emotional stage of cancer.

My doctor said that soon, I will be finished with chemo, and they will do a scan to see what changes have occurred, and they will likely order some Brain Radiotherapy, which is everyday for 2 weeks, than recovery on the couch for 2-4 weeks..... yeah, that sounds like fun.... being so super tired that I'm a couch potato for 2-4 weeks.

Anyways, I am glad that I managed to post an update on what has been going on on our end, and I want to thank everyone for your replies in advance. It always feels good to feel like you are understood and not judged...

Thanks for reading my post/update, IAN... :)
#1385896 by Mary from
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:14 am
Hi Ian and Linda. I am so glad you are going to get some emotional therapy and guidance. I appreciate the time you take to update us. Emotional pain is more painful than physical pain and together they are almost unbearable. It sounds like you have especially caring treatment there.

Ian, how smart you were to pick your beloved Linda. Praying you have some pain free and peaceful, happy days ahead.

Sending lots of (((Hugs))).

#1385913 by Christine from Elliottville
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 pm
Thank you so much for taking the time to update us. I'm so sorry you are going through such emotional pain and I hope and pray that the clinic helps heal that. I send you both lots of love and virtual hugs, plus prayers for peace in your heart and lots more days of feeling
#1385925 by Ian from I'm not sure :)
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:34 pm
Thanks Christine for the kind words, everything helps at this time. It’s funny how “life” can have many sides to a coin, and sometimes you can be on the dark gloomy end.

Thanks again for your post.

#1385943 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:56 pm
Hi Ian, I was thinking of you the other day. My brother also has terminal cancer so I've seen the deep emotional highs and lows you write of. Please know my prayers are with you and your family. I'm praying you find some peace with the counseling.

#1385947 by Ian from I'm not sure :)
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm

:wink: Hi Debs, thanks for the kind words.

So sorry to hear about your brother having terminal cancer, but I can definitely relate to his highs and lows. If you speak to him tell him that my prayers are with him, and also in the hopes that he finds peace.

I noticed that life is full of journeys for everyone, some are better than others, but we all try to manage to get through them.

Thanks again, IAN
#1385960 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:59 pm
Hi Ian,

I'm glad you're feeling physically pretty well, if tired, and sad that you're feeling emotionally drained.

When my first husband was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, a good friend who is also a palliative care Consultant told me "this will be like a rollercoaster, the problem being that you can't get off". It's exactly how it felt, and we found the best we could do was to go with it as much as we could. Enjoy the good days while we were able, cry together through the times when the awful reality hit, and above all, share our thoughts and feelings both between ourselves and with a - very few - people who were close and trusted friends and family.

You have lots of friends here, and we will do our best to hold you whenever you need it. I feel privileged that you trust us enough to share your journey with us.

I hope the clinic is able to give you and Linda peace.

Thinking of you both.