This is the place to introduce yourself. Solo Build It! owners ("SBIers") cover the globe. Let us know a bit about your special corner of the world, about you and your solopreneur plans.

Moderators: Maria from Agness, Diane Marie from InformedContractors.com

#1388797 by Nama from Waigani
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:30 pm
Hi everyone.Im Nama and am from Papua New Guinea. I am really excited to have come across such a wonderful thing like SBI as I always wanted to know more about the internet and the possibilities it has in terms of giving me the life I truly want to live. I am prepared to face whatever that I come across during this journey I am going to take to build my online business.I look forward to working with all you SBIers..... :D
#1388860 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:00 pm
Hi Nama, welcome to the forums and to your own status as an SBIer!

3 pieces of advice I give to those new to SBI!

1. follow the Action Guide, take the time needed to be sure.

2. use these forums to get help, encouragement, or just to talk about online business building. They are invaluable.

3. enjoy the journey, it really is fun to build your own business!

All my best,

Debs
#1388869 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:59 pm
Oh wow! Port Moresby! I have a friend who worked in Port Moresby (Jerry Pele, worked for the Port Moresby airport in 2005, he lived up north though, from the Chimbu tribe, I can't remember the name of the mountain, most of his family worked in the goldmine on the mountain, I lost touch with him after a fire burnt down several houses in his neighbourhood, including his family's. There was a fight going on over the mine, he said a lot of people died. He said the men from his area were gathering up to fight against the mne and that was the last letter I got from him. I never found out what happened to him and his family. He never wrote back again after that. He didn't have internet access up in the highlands, so we talked by letters in the mail. We were pen-pals for years. I'm always on the lookout for anyone who might know him and his family. I'd really like to get back in touch with them.I hope they're okay. I know there was a civil war going on in his region at the time 1994 to 2003 ish)

I've got an uncle in New Zealand, he does something with a missionary program or something, not sure what exactly, but he's in PNG a lot. Heads up into the Sepik River area.

I love PNG so much. It's my favourite country, but I've never been there. I keep wanting to go over there. Your country sounds amazing! The pictures I've seen of it, it is so beautiful!

Welcome to SBI! It's great. You'll love it. And everyone on the forums here are super friendly and very helpful.
#1388870 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:40 pm
I just looked it up. He lived on Mt Gorokabugam, and it was the Porgera Gold Mine his family worked at.
#1388902 by Nama from Waigani
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 am
Hi Wendy. I am grateful to have come here to meet someone who knows of my side of the world. Well I'am from another province, Central, to be exact.The mine site you mentioned is still here and there are incidents that happen from time to time up there. Anyway I will try to ask around if some of my friends from where Jerry is from know him so I can tell him about you. All in all I am glad to be with the SBI community and I look forward to that great and wonderful glorious day......
#1393562 by Michael from New Limerick
Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:22 pm
Welcome Nama,

Like you, I am also fairly new. I have posed a few questions in these forums and found everyone to be extremely helpful.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Teesta