This is the place to introduce yourself. Solo Build It! owners ("SBIers") cover the globe. Let us know a bit about your special corner of the world, about you and your solopreneur plans.

Moderators: Maria from Agness, Diane Marie from

#1389074 by Marisa from Matinicus
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:27 am
Hi there, I'm Marisa from Texas. I first heard about Sitesell in 2005. Thought it was too expensive, and preferred to DIY my way around things. Never was able to get a good website going, but have spent the last three years selling shirts on Etsy. My husband and I have a local screen printing business. Etsy shop did pretty well, I did over $66,000 in sales but it was super stressful and lots of hard, messy work. I closed my shop this month after a nice holiday sales season and am ready to try creating a content site like I wanted to do 12 years ago! I have lots of ideas and interests so I'm looking forward to learning along with you all!
#1389076 by Paul from Somewhere, out there...
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:22 am
Hi Marissa,

What I really love about your story is the experience you bring. It has a similar resonance to this post from Jeff; as well.

Welcome! Etsy comes up quite often in the forums (here's a sample: search.php?keywords=etsy) so you may bring a wealth of knowledge which will also be invaluable.

But basically. Action Guide, Action Guide and Action Guide...that is the way for now...

#1389077 by Mary from Mico
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:37 am
Welcome Marissa!

Congratulations with your previous work!

Paul's got the best advice. Do concentrate on learning what the Action Guide has for now. You can watch it all the way through once to get an idea of what you'll be doing. Take notes. Then open the AG in one window with Site Central in another to "do" the steps in the Action Guide. Some steps can take a minute to watch and then hours to "do", so give yourself time and keep taking notes.

Have a great weekend and a happy new year!

#1389086 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:36 am
Hi Marissa,

Welcome to SBI! and to the forums, and Congratulations on your business success so far! I'd only add to Paul and Mary's advice about the Action Guide that, any time you're stuck, unsure, or just want to vent (or to share more success!) some here to the forums. It is the best place for friendly people and good advice.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Kind regards

#1389158 by Debs from SiteSell
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:33 pm
Hi Marisa,

Welcome to SBI! and the forums! It's great to have you with us. :)

The advice on the Action Guide is spot on, so I'll add a bit for the forums. Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people here on the forums. Should you ever need help, get stuck, want feedback, or just to chat, please come here. We're a family of like-minded people wanting to build our online businesses and help others do the same.

Also, don't forget, enjoy the journey, pay it forward when you can!

All my best,