This is the place to introduce yourself. Solo Build It! owners ("SBIers") cover the globe. Let us know a bit about your special corner of the world, about you and your solopreneur plans.

Moderators: Maria from Agness, Diane Marie from

#1393027 by Bruce from Yankton
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 pm
Hey everyone - I'm a new SBI'er eager to start the journey.

I have an art/ craft business and for the last 6 or so years have made my living selling eco-friendly gifts handcrafted from twigs and branches that have fallen naturally from local trees.

Most of my income is from craft shows and wholesaling and consigning to art galleries and shops. I have an online presence, but it's not doing very well. I originally hoped to use SBI to improve my site, but after looking over the material, I'm open to whatever unfolds - even if it leads to a new business entirely.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on! BTW, I'm Bruce and happy to be a part of the group.
#1393029 by Jim from Helm
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:42 pm
Hi Bruce, and welcome.

Don't skimp on reading the Action Plan and the associated links.
#1393032 by Thelma from Caribou
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:27 pm
Hi Bruce,
Congratulations on taking steps to expand your business. I must warn you that this journey with sbi will expand and challenge what you feel you are capable of doing. It will challenge your creativity to get ready an exciting and enlightening journey. :D

#1393091 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to SBI! and the forums. It's great to have you with us.

I give bits of advice here and there, but these 3 things I feel are very important.

1. Read, really read the Action Guide, then follow it! It will be the foundation of your success with SBI! and our processes.

2. If/when you get stuck, need feedback/advice, or just encouragement, please come to these forums. There are a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable people who want to help you succeed.

3. Enjoy the journey ... building your own online business can be fun and rewarding.

All my best,

#1393109 by Wilson from Caliente
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:14 pm
Hi, Bruce. I hear you loud and clear. I am an artist of sorts as well. Speaking and writing are my two mainstays. So I know how frustrating it can be to market and market and not get the results you desire. This is my second time around with SBI. So I welcome you with open arms. The best advice I can give is keep at it until you get what you want. Inactivity is the killer of dreams. We are human beings, so be who you need to be in order to do what you desire to do. Glad to have heard from you.

Peace love happiness and joy and all that good stuff to you and yours.
#1393125 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Hi Bruce - I'm a twig lover too! I've made lots of twiggy stuff that I've put on one of my sites. Unfortunately, this topic doesn't make much money - or hasn't in the past. Maybe its time will come :D Welcome aboard!