This is the place to introduce yourself. Solo Build It! owners ("SBIers") cover the globe. Let us know a bit about your special corner of the world, about you and your solopreneur plans.

Moderators: Maria from Agness, Diane Marie from

#1393870 by Neil from Saint Martins
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:59 am
Hi all! This is Neil up here in Sunny Winnipeg, Canada where we just got our first winter storm of the season, yes first if you can believe it.

There seems to be a lot of people coming back and trying a second, third, or fourth time.. well I will just have to join that group - although I have never really left. I have been stuck on Day 2/3 for years! I keep getting some new ideas to brainstorm, and then the numbers make me second guess myself and I just can't take it to the next step. So then I will leave it for a few months, come back fresh starting from scratch but eventually stall at Day 3 again.

So here we go again! At least I'm persistent.. I refuse to give up!

#1393878 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:32 am
Hi there, Neil, and welcome (back!) to SBI! and to the forums!

Good for you, for giving it another shot! You may have seen that the Action Guide has changed quite a bit in places, and DAYs 4 and 10 are now much more focused on monetisation.

It does take time to get the first few DAYs right, and I'd advise coming into the forums to ask for help if you get stuck again.

My second thought is, sign up for Terri David's webinars about niches and keywords. She does her presentation and then for the rest of the webinar she talks people through issues like niches and keywords, so it's like getting one-to-one coaching for free.

You can watch one of the recorded sessions, which may help, or find the information about her next live webinars at this link. The signup link is also on that page.

I hope that helps - do keep coming back here to bounce your ideas around. You will get there in the end!

Kind regards

#1393885 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 pm
Hi Neil, another Canuck here, from the other end of the country. We have around a meter of snow which looks like it will never leave. Welcome back :D
#1393934 by Michael from New Limerick
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:59 pm
Hi Neil,

Best of luck with your site. Like you, I am new. I'd actually started two sites several years ago but never had the time to do enough wth them. I am much more motivated this time around. :)

One thing I am trying to do differently this time (it's too early to know if this is good or bad) is just write. I have managed to put together several pages quite quickly. Bear in mind, every time I revisit one I see a LOT that requires tweaking. That being said, it is giving me a sense of accomplishment - yet to see if it is illusional. :)

At any rate, Welcome and best of luck.