... SOME fabulous-sounding product or resource that could be of use to your online business? Here's the place to share something new that's NOT yet in the HQs yet. ...UPCOMING conferences and get-togethers being held near you? Mentorship threads? (ex., WAHM, 20 something, 50+ and more)?
... BUSINESS for sale? This is the place to buy/sell businesses! :-)
SBI! builds businesses with real value (EQUITY) - there have been sales with valuations in 6 figures here! Please read the Buy/Sell Guidelines in the FAQ first (requires use of the official template).
... If you "heard about it" and it fits one of the above, post it right here!
... NOTE: Please post challenges in the most appropriate forum for your challenge topic. Thanks very much.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1367332 by Pamela from Mc Connellsburg
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 pm
Theona from help-for-depression-and-anxiety

Hey you mentioned secret boards in your message and I was wondering if you're using some sort of scheduling software for Pinterest. It didn't see a follow Pinterest button on your site. Did I miss it?

Thank you for asking. I thought I had AddThis coding properly placed on my site, but I guess I need to try again. :?

No, I haven't set up any scheduling, but I do plan to.

Pam :)
#1367337 by Pamela from Mc Connellsburg
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 pm
Hi Cat from glutenfreehomemade.com,

You wrote:
Hope this helps! :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful information!!!
I am very grateful, and I'll put it to use right away. :D

Have a blessed week,
Pam
#1367345 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:17 am
Ken contacted me with more questions/clarifications/ideas on our monetization foray, which is very interesting and will get some brain activity going, which makes me less likely to be building new pages for the moment.

Thanks, Cat, for your enlightening post on MOM. I agree that it seems best for me too, although I do mine slightly differently. I just send out the notification to my peeps with MOM, which directs them to a page on my site which is the e-zine. Seems to work, for now.

Tim informed me this morning that there are over 400 downloads of our app. Unfortunately, there seems to be a technical glitch which is preventing the monetization from appearing in the app - my new e-book about Succulent Care, and the carefully chosen Amazon native ads on each page :?
#1367369 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 pm
Big shout-out to Cat!
Cat from glutenfreehomemade.com wrote:Hi Cath,
About writing newsletters, you wrote,
Also I dread writing them. I need to find a more me-friendly way of doing it.

I haven't quite conquered the "dread" part of writing & publishing newsletters, but I worked hard to come up with a "
friendly way" of doing it so I could fulfill my responsibility and my commitment to those who sign-up for my newsletter.

Over the course of several months (cracks of time) I studied the newsletters of the top 10 influencers in my niche and using my SBI! trained eyes and wisdom, honed in on the key elements that made these newsletters successful. First I took all the elements they had in common and mapped them into a working format. Then, I studied other elements and using what I learned about copywriting, discerned what stayed and what had to be tossed out. I worked these secondary elements into the format.
Hope this helps! :)

This is a fabulous post Cat, thank you so much! It may well find its way into SBIX this week as a true "Pearl"! And I am certainly going to use it to help me get that newsletter out!

I'm interested in the option of using MOM, although I use Aweber for my chickens one. But the idea of using it actually to enhance the site is very appealing.

Thank you again!
#1367370 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:44 pm
Marylyn - you crack me up! Hope you're doing OK with sorting your home page out.

Theona - you didn't cause me any discomfort at all, honestly. Look what came out of it - a) I am writing a newsletter! and b) Cat wrote that amazing post about newsletters which everyone is finding so helpful.

So - thank you!

Catherine - thanks so much for your lovely comments about my Italian site. Sometimes I look at it in despair. It needs a lot of work but as I do it, the numbers are steadily rising. So thank you for giving me more confidence in it!

Mary - great achievements last week, and great goals this!

Jacki - brain activity is good and definitely counts as movement towards building your business! Sometimes I get too hung up on "doing" and need to take more time out to stop and think.

Brilliant posts, everyone - you're really on a roll this week!

Cath.
#1367422 by Marylyn from family-getaways-melbourne.com
Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm
Cath

Big shout-out to Cat!

I hear you. Cat, brilliant post - massive amount of info in it! Truly inspirational. I read it and copied it onto my laptop as one of my training pearls.

Thank you.

Marylyn - you crack me up! Hope you're doing OK with sorting your home page out.

It's all I've been thinking of since Ken's post. I'm using 'My Playground' page and writing the content on it to see what it looks like live - that's a page that sits in my SBI page file never to go live, it's just for times just like this. I have placed it all in a Container block and will turn it into a reusable block to transfer to the Home page when I feel it is ready. (That's the plan anyway)

I'm a tad intimidated and quite concerned that what I put up is NOT going to be good enough, my confidence has taken a bit of a nose dive. Ken's suggestions of 'stuff' for 'stuff' that might be great to go onto the page and the way he would write the text were excellent and ever so clever. Gosh, he writes so darned well.

I've just gotta find my voice again, at the moment I think I have laryngitis!

Cheers,
#1367429 by Marylyn from family-getaways-melbourne.com
Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 pm
Hi Theona

Just quickly, does this help in any way?

http://www.ripesocial.com/blog/get-a-facebook-username

Or this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pj3wff7_PM

Cheers,
Marylyn
#1367430 by Mary from Mico
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 am
Hi Marylyn,

Be encouraged. I think that many of us can use Ken's advice. I know I can. Further, I remember someone (Jill?) mentioning that she knew that a site (Trip Advisor?) regularly tweaked its pages several times a day. We can certainly improve a page as we go if the giants do.

Mary
#1367438 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:12 am
Marylyn, Ken didn't tell you that to hurt your feelings, although I'm going through the same thing, with the monetization thing we're doing. It's hard to hear sometimes, and it's easy to get defensive and resistant. Stick it out, you'll come through the other side a better business owner! :D
#1367445 by Marylyn from family-getaways-melbourne.com
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 am
Thanks for the encouragement folks

Well it's been all that I could think of since Ken's timely critique and I've been working so bloody hard to get the Home Page looking, reading and sounding better.

So I crossed my fingers and ripped it apart today. The idea of creating a Reusable Block on my 'Playground' hidden page and then placing any edits to the Home Page in there worked. I then just added it to my Index Page and arranged it all there the way I wanted to.

There's a lot of editorial on the page now and I've moved the thumbnail images quite a fair way down the page. Something I had to talk myself into doing. I have added anchor links throughout the content for thems that don't want to read the editorial.

I haven't used any 'I' or 'We' on the page at all I hope and I've tried to think if I was a new visitor to this page, would I want to hang around and read more?

But, hey, I'll stop telling you want I have done as I want an unbiased viewpoint

So without further ado here it is!

But before you take a look at it this is an image of the page as it used to be taken last year on the 13th October, thank you Mr Wayback Machine :)https://web.archive.org/web/20161013182 ... ourne.com/

And here it is as it stands today.

http://www.family-getaways-melbourne.com/

I'm popping it up here before I submit it for a formal review as Ken states here ...

When you are totally done, have pushed and made each bit the very best it can be, please start a totally new thread and then, just to make sure I don't miss it, let Support know that it's up (refer back to this thread in the new one so folks can better understand the context).

In this post ... https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1367204#p1367204

Love to get some input if anyone has the time or inclination :roll::wink:

Cheers,

PS:
Now I'm off have a shower. I stink! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: The house looks like a bomb has gone off and the cat looks like it has been strangled :!:
#1367469 by Theona from Maple Shade
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:52 pm
Marylyn from family-getaways-melbourne.com

Wow! This is great Marylyn!

You're paying for the Hello Bar as Ken advised. I think that's a good choice. I like the cool steel instead of the color you were using before.

I am NO EXPERT when it comes to grammar. I mean you've seen the horrible typos on my pages. But I think that this sentence should be split into two separate ones.

Instead of this: Not too many city's can boast that fact, come to think of it none actually do!

How about this: Not too many city's can boast that fact. Come to think of it, none actually do!

Seem more powerful that way...Like I said..I'm no expert! Just my two cents.

I love the images! I love what you've done!

Oh and thanks for your suggestion for adding the Facebook user name. I think I may have to wait until I get 25 likes to apply a username. Facebook just wouldn't allow me to add one yet. Maybe I messed something up during the initial business page set up.

By the way, am I allowed to ask for likes on this forum? Is that against the rules. I don't have many Facebook friends to begin with because I don't use Facebook personally.
#1367475 by Mary from Mico
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm
Hi Marylyn and Theona.

Here's another typo:

Not too many city's can boast that fact. Come to think of it, none actually do!

City's should be cities (plural not possessive).

Time for school.

Mary