... SOME fabulous-sounding product or resource that could be of use to your online business? Here's the place to share something new that's NOT yet in the HQs yet. ...UPCOMING conferences and get-togethers being held near you? Mentorship threads? (ex., WAHM, 20 something, 50+ and more)?
... BUSINESS for sale? This is the place to buy/sell businesses! :-)
SBI! builds businesses with real value (EQUITY) - there have been sales with valuations in 6 figures here! Please read the Buy/Sell Guidelines in the FAQ first (requires use of the official template).
... If you "heard about it" and it fits one of the above, post it right here!
... NOTE: Please post challenges in the most appropriate forum for your challenge topic. Thanks very much.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1378016 by Catherine from Ashmore
Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:34 pm
I met the main goals last week, changed my header/L&F, optimized a couple of pages, and played around with the new BrainstormIt!

Now I need to post the offer I wrote, send this week's email (with a link to the offer) and hopefully have 1 video lesson to demo it. (Slides mostly made, but need to finish them and make and then post the video.)

I also just got Stencil-- like Canva+, but I've had trouble with the lessons on Canva. It was/is available on AppSumo for $49 forever, instead of a limited free version or a fairly hefty monthly fee. It has over a million royalty-free images, lots of quotes, and automatically sizes for and will share to FB, Pinterest, etc. I think it's worth it to me, as I need to get back to posting regularly to FB, and start the Pinterest Challenge soon-- maybe next week, if I don't get much response to that offer. (If I do, the course comes first.)

So I guess this is my plan for August... :D (or :shock: -- but I'm no good at rushing, so even if it takes 2-3 months, I'll tortoise along...)
#1378165 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:37 am
Peeps! I forgot, completely forgot, to post earlier this week about achievements and goals - I'm so sorry. I've been up in Venice for a few days, visiting my brother and his family, and having a nice break from work.

So let's start this week on Wednesday!

Who's got goals for the week, and what are they?

Cath.
#1378464 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 am
Morning all,

It's Sunday - what happened to last week??

So time for the weekly wrap-up - how were your achievements this week? Good? Not as good as you'd hoped? Remember - it doesn't have to be a big step, just a step. :D

And what steps forward are you going to take next week?

If anyone is stuck for a step forward, I have a suggestion, which is to spend some time experimenting with the new Brainstorm It!

I have to be honest and say that I kept getting lost in Ken's introductory posts about it, so because I was whingeing to Help Elf, he then came up with a (very helpful) TLDR ("Too Long, Didn't Read") post which I followed a couple of days ago and - wow! Not only do I now understand what all the fuss is about, it threw up some really amazing keywords I'd totally overlooked (I mean, "All about chickens"? Why didn't I see that one coming?!!).

Help Elf's TLDR is here and my suggestion would be to follow that so you get used to the new tools, then read Ken's posts which now make complete sense and help you dig even deeper.

And don't forget, there's a nice little competition with $1,000 as the prize...

So anyway - achievements and goals, folks - who's going to start us off?

Cath.

PS Jim - thank you - I had a lovely time in Venice despite the heatwave currently sweeping Italy. It's such a beautiful city, and at least being surrounded by water meant there was a nice breeze!
#1378468 by Marylyn from family-getaways-melbourne.com
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 am
Hi Cath

Achievements for the week

If anyone is stuck for a step forward, I have a suggestion, which is to spend some time experimenting with the new Brainstorm It!

1) Did that and wandered aimlessly through Ken's post. Help Elf's much needed posting came just in time before I disappeared down the rabbit hole :!:

I did follow all the suggested pointers and steps but still came out 'wanting' There needs to be a lot of work done on the site actually, plenty of pages that are not showing up in results at all for some reason or other.

Would have been great to have fodder to play with after all the effort.

Never mind, I'm still here trying to make some sort of headway.

2) I'm concentrating on getting the main pages I have that are getting some sort of traffic, better MOBILE USER FRIENDLY

I'm removing the 'fluff and stuff - things like Instagram pictures that increase a page's load time. They are 'pretty' and interesting when it comes to a visual display but NOT essential to have on the site at all.

People who are using their mobile phones for information on say a Melbourne Attraction, really only want to know several things.

They are ...

- What is the attraction - described as briefly as possible?
- Where is it?
- When is it open
- If there is a WHY question to answer, then needs to be addressed
- If there is a WHO question to answer, then this needs to be addressed
- How to get there?

So with that in mind, I'm going through the pages, taking off a lot of the images, :shock::roll::(:(:( , adding My Maps where I canand generally reducing the size of the pages from a War and Peace Novel down to an A6 flier :!:

3) - I read through the posts in the HTTPS Is Coming (With Some Prep Tasks for You Now)

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=222843

I've done a lot of work on the site. There are some issues still, however I will wait as suggested ...

Marylyn, based on Help Elf's post in this thread, I suggest that you wait until you make the switch, then let the tester tell you what needs to be changed.

4) Managed to keep up with Tailwind, Buffer and Facebook postings.
5) Pinning to some Tribes and Group Boards
6) Removed a lot of 'stuff and pretty nonesense' from the bottom of my pages. All that was in Sitewide Dots thankfully.

I think I have secured a clean and simple SOCIAL SECTION at the bottom now. Just a few scroll actions are needed to work through that section.

7) Played a bit with the Site Designer to reduce the space between the Header Image and the Headline.
8) Changed the position of the Horizontal Navigation bar that shows up on Desktop display.

9) The jury is still out, deciding on whether to remove the Hello Bar from the top of the site

10) Removed the Social Media buttons from the side position and opted for a Social Media Block at the bottom of the page. The reason for this was that I had received feedback that it was blocking the text as the reader scrolled down the page on their IPhone.

11) Took off the AddThis code off the site, thus removing the buttons that show up on the bottom of the page for mobile viewing.

I've decided I don't want all the wizz bang, lastest fandangled, oozamee whats on the site that just distract the visitor and slow down the load time.

Basically, stripping the site down to its BARE BONES. What the visitor is asking for when they search the keyword.

I hope that the work from here on in will help the site's pages get found. That the search engines will like what they see when they crawl all over the page.

If this doesn't work, then I'm going to throw my arms up in sheer disgust and call it a day.

So that's me for the week and for next week.

Just get as many of those over costumed and heavy make-uped pages redone and redressed.

wnd_ac61ca6368c742844f1192252d33fb41.jpg
Far too much!
wnd_ac61ca6368c742844f1192252d33fb41.jpg (45.73 KiB) Viewed 421 times

Hope others have had a great week. Look forward to reading about all your adventures.

BTW _ Thank you Cath for your help during the week. Much appreciated :D

Cheers,
#1378532 by Jim from Helm
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:22 pm
Marylyn
Too funny - please keep it up.

Last week;
Did not finish the implementation process page, but everything else got done.

This week:
Finish implementation page
Create new page for Dividend Strategy
Spend some time with new BrainstormIt
Continue checking unanswered posts
#1378556 by Marina from Canada
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:08 am
Hello everyone!

I've had a busy few weeks, what with a family vacation and a grandmother visiting who I haven't seen in probably 15 years. So work on the course I'm creating has been going at a snail's pace. However, my...

Goal for this week:
Complete the first Module of my course

(Which, though it's one of likely 12, would certainly feel like a milestone and accomplishment!)

Wishing everyone a most productive and fulfilling week,
-Marina
#1378562 by Catherine from Ashmore
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 am
Good luck, Marina! I'm also working on the first lessons of a course. I had one posted, to see if people are interested i getting more, but this morning took it down to rework it, since I realized the plan I had was way too much work for the price I'll be able to charge for it. I've worked on it all day and hopefully the new plan will be manageable!

I did reach my main goals last week: sent out a newsletter, made a course banner (header) and course description (sales page), and got a sample video lesson up—but as noted I took it down this AM to re-work it.

So that’s my first goal for this week, and the 2nd is to start the Pinterest Challenge, and as soon as possible work on making some better images. So that should keep me out of mischief!
#1378570 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 am
Morning all,

Marylyn - that is soooooo much headway with your site. Was this something you've decided by going through it yourself, or did you (as you were planning) get some help from a SS Pro? I think it makes great sense.

About this...
The jury is still out, deciding on whether to remove the Hello Bar from the top of the site

I guess it depends on whether it's working for you. I have been getting a lot of newsletter signups through mine (now I just have to write the newsletter).

Jim - great goals!

Marina - how amazing, to see your grandmother after such a time!

It must be something in the air - you and Catherine both doing courses, and I am also. I'm being guided by a good friend who is also a successful SBIer and his advice keeps ringing in my ears - "This does not have to be perfect at first. We get the course done, put it up, and refine it as we get feedback".

As the world's worst perfectionist I'm not finding that easy, but I know he's right!

Enjoy your week, everyone!

Cath.
#1378608 by Julie from Adona
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:53 pm
Ugh. Somehow stopped getting notifications.

Published three pages last week with related FB and Pinterest posts and pins...

[Domain Private]
[Domain Private]
[Domain Private]

Working through the new BI! Loving the possibilities...now just have to settle on a plan.

YES! I'm interested in a Challenge to work through it all. Thanks for asking Cath.

Piecefully,

Julie
#1378610 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 pm
It's too hot here, so hard to get anything going. There's lots of other stuff happening with a course I'm taking, so everything else is on the back burner!

This is new though - I got an inquiry about using one of my pages on another site in a print magazine - more on that here; https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=223397&p=1378603#p1378603
#1378954 by Pamela from soupsofine.com
Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm
Jacki,
You wrote:
This is new though - I got an inquiry about using one of my pages on another site in a print magazine - more on that here; https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=223397&p=1378603#p1378603

Congratulations! That is wonderful :D

My accomplished goals from this past week:
1. Created and published a Tier 2 Pinterest Pin for Potato Soups
2. Worked on three new content pages. Now I need photos and Pins and a little more content to complete
3. Completed Pinterest board covers (yes, for about the third time) Figured out what was causing the text to be blurry...

Pressing on,
Pam :D
#1378978 by Marylyn from family-getaways-melbourne.com
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:07 am
Haven't got anything to report as yet.

I actually have someone working on my site at the moment, getting it to a stage where it is more Mobile User friendly. Lots of work being done behind the scenes on it at the same time.

Will have more news on what has been done, later in the week.

I've pulled right back from the time I've been spending on Social Media. Far too much time for far too little return. I am in the process of re-evaluating what I'm doing and what platforms I am doing it on. I will also be asking 'The Pro' for input here as well.

The ultimate goal is to spend my time more wisely and constructively on the website but also to spend MORE TIME on myself! I have sadly ignored pressing health issues for too long and they are now impacting on everything I am doing.

GOTTA ...

BALANCE.jpg
Balance
BALANCE.jpg (170.6 KiB) Viewed 100 times

Cheers,