... SOME fabulous-sounding product or resource that could be of use to your online business? Here's the place to share something new that's NOT yet in the HQs yet. ...UPCOMING conferences and get-togethers being held near you? Mentorship threads? (ex., WAHM, 20 something, 50+ and more)?
... BUSINESS for sale? This is the place to buy/sell businesses! :-)
SBI! builds businesses with real value (EQUITY) - there have been sales with valuations in 6 figures here! Please read the Buy/Sell Guidelines in the FAQ first (requires use of the official template).
... If you "heard about it" and it fits one of the above, post it right here!
... NOTE: Please post challenges in the most appropriate forum for your challenge topic. Thanks very much.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1387809 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 am
Hi guys,

I'm so sorry not to have been around. My head has been in the Pinterest Action Guide for what feels like years now. It's getting very close to finished though, which is exciting, so after that my time will be more evenly spread. Hopefully.

We've got a Pinterest webinar coming up, for anyone who's interested. It's on Wednesday next week (13th December) with Alisa Meredith and Kate Ahl. Alisa is a Tailwind (scheduler) expert and Kate owns and runs the Simple Pin Media course. Both extremely knowledgeable about Pinterest, so it promises to be a good webinar.

I'll post a link here when we have one.

I'm always amazed at the amount of work you've done. Katia, special shout-out to you - what an incredible achievement. You've been so focused, and it's certainly paid off.

And another shout-out - Juri is Tortoise of the Week! Congratulations, Juri!

Remember guys - Tortoise of the Month gets a prize and it's usually some free SBI! subscription time, so it's worth having. Remember to vote for posts which are particularly helpful to you, and remember to help others out and who knows - it could be you!

Happy working!

Cath.
#1387818 by Timothy from Glen Hope
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:07 pm
Juri, looked at your page. I like the fixed header, think I might try that. I noticed as I get older my preferred font size goes up. My earliest pages used 10pt. Now I use 16pt. Your text seems small and hard to read. Like the text here in this edit box. (Yes I have the larger font selected.) But to me it still seems hard to read. That said, even though your images are large and beautiful I still find myself squinting at your screen. IMO. But don't change it just for me.

Congrats on your award for being one of the slowest animals in existence for this week.

Yesterday I published Cool Tools 3 and it got about 300 pageviews, but no sales. I did notice that I am beginning to get more organic traffic than usual. Maybe Google is liking my site more these days. Remember the bubble of 2012? At that time my site got 10,000 referrences from Google every month. Ah the good old days. Then 'G' invented the 'chipaway' algorithm. That killed my traffic. It is good to see it coming back.

Still I am working to fix 'penguin' on my site. I am looking forward to the next Google algo update. I think my site will score well.

Tim
#1387912 by Juri from plainlight.com
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Moving on schedule: updated my search widget to work without images. Thus, it doesn't require any additional resources and is safe to use out of the box wherever you install it. It also turned slimmer, much like the Google custom search box.

The original, search-button-as-image version is still being supported -- and will stay this way as long as the site exists -- but cannot be downloaded anymore.

If you want to give it a try, or upgrade, please follow the link in the Resources HQ: http://sbiresources.sitesell.com/#SEARCH

To upgrade, simply generate the new widget and place it where your old one was [replacing the latter]. If you like the old look better, you don't have to do anything -- it is still functional.

Now, will start working on the newsletter, before moving any bloglets of late out of sight. I had, well, still have, an idea to make a 2017 jubilee issue, there were quite some this year, but it's probably not something people will want to read two weeks into 2018 :roll:

Will give it some thought.

Kind regards,
J.
#1387914 by Judith from Quarryville
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm
Hi Everyone

Whoa! Just so great to see everyone so busy! I want to comment on everybody's comments but like Mary I made a promise to myself to get certain things done. So hard though with such great encouragement here with ideas! Be back soon!!!