... SOME fabulous-sounding product or resource that could be of use to your online business? Here's the place to share something new that's NOT yet in the HQs yet. ...UPCOMING conferences and get-togethers being held near you? Mentorship threads? (ex., WAHM, 20 something, 50+ and more)?
... BUSINESS for sale? This is the place to buy/sell businesses! :-)
SBI! builds businesses with real value (EQUITY) - there have been sales with valuations in 6 figures here! Please read the Buy/Sell Guidelines in the FAQ first (requires use of the official template).
... If you "heard about it" and it fits one of the above, post it right here!
... NOTE: Please post challenges in the most appropriate forum for your challenge topic. Thanks very much.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1390089 by Cat from glutenfreehomemade.com
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 pm
Hi Judith,
It's okay (I'm being reassuring to you). I so appreciate you letting me know that something may have needed fixing. Better to say something than it is to remain silent. So, thank you very much! :D
#1390094 by Juri from plainlight.com
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:00 am

Happy New Year everybody!

Late to the party, again :roll: The challenge took a very impressive start already [Cat, wow!]...

Here's what my year was so far:

• Made a resolution to spend less time on the Forums, probably not to last for long, but I will keep trying
  • Added more or less prominent, site-wide Subscribe links for my newsletter, as suggested by Mary
  • Made a past issues list a reusable block and added it to the subscription page, should have done it ages ago
  • Published a new page with old posts from 2016 fallen off the blog
Here's what's on the agenda:

• 2017 bloglets will make the New Year newsletter, this way it will write itself, almost :wink: [next week]
  • Posting a new bloglet, any time soon
  • Placing an ad, now with a pic, in a quarterly with an audience interested in literature/arts/photography. Need to prepare and make a call, that's a real challenge
  • Going on a winter holiday in the Italian Dolomites, taking new pictures, weather permitting, making at least one masterpiece, living happily thereafter, sigh.
  • Oh, nine-to-five is still an issue, too. Apropos...
Kind regards,
J.
#1390129 by Judith from Quarryville
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:37 pm
Juri, I like your newsletter signup page. It reflects exactly what people can expect in a humorous and understated fashion, letting them know a little about the person they will be hearing from. :wink: Well done! And I do like that you made it clear that, although your site is focused on photography, you will be purposely straying from that topic to share, you. Nice! :D
#1390140 by Juri from plainlight.com
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 am
Thank you, Judy!

In hindsight, I think the bloglets and this page were the first stones on the road to more me on the site. I am glad the blog posts evaded the trash bin and made two new pages of their own [the second one is completely drafted now and just sits and waits to be sent out as newsletter].

Not sure if the new direction will attract more visitors [probably not], but I like the idea. I am happy that many of you seem to like my pictures, so there's a real hope that someone out there might be even willing to pay for them.

I don't know if the site already reached the level to make a potential buyer who stumbles upon it to say "Yes, I will" :? . This is what I want to work at, pretty vague, I know...

Kind regards,
J.
#1390168 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 am
Morning all,

Just to say, I'm starting a planning Challenge on Monday (15th) - it will be just 5 days and at the end of it, hopefully, we'll all have a clear plan for the year ahead.

This is the link for anyone who'd like to join. Some people already have so thank you!

See you there!

Cath.
#1390226 by Timothy from Glen Hope
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 am
Hi all, glad to be back. Been away for a while. I have several accomplishments I could report. Seems to me that 1 goal a week isn't enough. Too many accomplishments to list here. However I'll give it a shot, I have been working a 1 goal a day schedule for a couple of months now. Literally, I have a list, So far this month I have done:
Christmas with the kids
Vacation in Florida
Raced my gokart at Daytona Int. Spdwy,
Published a page a day on my website.
Fixed a broken down trailer in Kentucky
Got home and winterized my race team.
Lost some weight:

Here is my latest accomplishment.[Domain Private]/Masters-e-courses.html

Tim
#1390249 by Kathy from Mintaro
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:51 pm
It is Sunday night and my bedtime here Down Under.

Wk 2 Goal - Complete Wk 1 Goal

I did complete converting my image library to optimise them for the web. Happy Dance.

However in my mind I had intended this to include replacing the images with the newly optimised one on my pages. But when I went to do this I discovered the new image URLs were http not https. (I converted to https a while ago and have my green lock). So rather than do the work and discover that there are still issues with the images I have asked about this in Day 6 of the forum and am waiting for a reply. So a road block here for the moment.

Create 1 Pinterest Pin
I have not done this, but at least I have an idea for a pin.

Plan my site progress.
Put this on hold pending the planning challenge starting tomorrow.

Record stats.oal
I have done this...scary as it may be. The only way is up. lol

[Domain Private] 1 January 2018

19 pages (not all visible yet)
0 newsletter signups
6 visitors per day (9 visits)
186 visitors per month (297 visits)
0 links
Alexa - don’t know I exist
Alexa Australia – don’t know I exist
Alexa USA – don’t know I exist
# No keywords from search engines to date.

WK 3 Goal –
• Complete WK 2 goal ie replace web optimised images.
• Create 2 Pinterest pins.
• Do planning challenge
• Write one page.

And a personal goal...finish my tax.

Have a great week.
Cheers
Kathy
#1390283 by Nancy C from Elk Grove Village
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 pm
Reporting in for this week, my goals were to address my entire backlog of C2 submittals (21 at start of week) and to plan the content for my monthly newsletter.

I was down to four unanswered C2's at one point, but didn't finish. Some of my C2 questions take a lot of thought and research to answer well, and I got bogged down. Counting new submittals, I now have 6 to deal with.

I planned the newsletter content and as of last night, sent a draft to myself to allow polishing in advance of Thursday mailing.

My goals for this week are:
1. To complete two C2 answers for which I've done some research already.
2. To tweak and proofread my newsletter and get it sent.
3. To start formatting my existing e-book for Kindle.

Have a good week, everyone.
#1390285 by Jim from Helm
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Juri,
Excellent page. What is important for me is to enjoy what I am studying and writing about so your "more me" seems to be exactly the right approach

This week:
Wasn't quite prepared for the pages I intended to write, so they are still on the schedule.

The primary goal this week is the annual plan. Then the pages that match the plan.
#1390304 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am

It's fess-up time!

How I did with last week's "Fix neglected site" GOALS:

• Finish fixing broken links — DONE
  • Change to HTTPS — I got my pretty green lock! Need to finish Google Analytics, Bing and Social Media sites link corrections ([Domain Private]/)
  • Finish reading "The ONE Thing" by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan — DONE took very good notes too. Added a couple of small items to daily and weekly to-do list. Dropped many more...

Glad that I went through HTTPS process with SBI. I changed over a WP site hosted by another company and received no help at all. Didn't have a clue about all of the post-conversion things that were recommended here. Now I do. Will have to attend to that once this neglected site process is complete.

THIS WEEK'S GOAL: Finish planned neglected site fixes.
— Complete post-HTTPS tasks
  • Google Analytics
  • Upload Disavow list
  • Bing
  • Social Media sites links
— Write one page
Last edited by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1390305 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 am
Morning everyone,

I keep forgetting it's Sunday - my apologies. So here's the shout-out for everyone to list your achievements last week, and your goals for this.

Here's a reminder: it's just...

• 30 days till Valentine's Day

• 76 days till Easter!

Time to get writing (or sprucing up) those holiday-related pages...

How did everyone do last week? And what are your goals for the week ahead?

Tell all!

Cath.
#1390308 by Cath from Italy
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:01 am

So as my SBIer self ( :roll: ) I actually managed to clear up all of my C2 submissions about memorials to dead chickens. Let me tell you - there are a lot of chickens dying out there! I had 240 in all waiting to be edited and have been working on them over the last couple of months. Last week was the final push.

I got up this morning and there were another 3 already! Still, the page has been #1 at Google forever and brings me good traffic, so I'm not complaining.

I also discovered my contact form, which I'd got from a separate platform to SBI!, had mysteriously disappeared - the company had closed down and not notified me. I thought my peeps had gone very quiet! So I reverted to Form Build It!, though I found it very clunky and not terribly attractive.

So I put a "Wish" in the forums for FBI! to be updated - it's here if you're interested - I was quite surprised at the level of support for it already!

So lessons learned last week:

• Do not rely on 3rd party suppliers unless you diary in a check to make sure they still exist
  • Do not leave C2s untouched until they become unmanageable!

For this week, I need to get my newsletter out. Bane of my life, newsletters. I may need a Challenge about them... :D

Cath.