... SOME fabulous-sounding product or resource that could be of use to your online business? Here's the place to share something new that's NOT yet in the HQs yet. ...UPCOMING conferences and get-togethers being held near you? Mentorship threads? (ex., WAHM, 20 something, 50+ and more)?
... BUSINESS for sale? This is the place to buy/sell businesses! :-)
SBI! builds businesses with real value (EQUITY) - there have been sales with valuations in 6 figures here! Please read the Buy/Sell Guidelines in the FAQ first (requires use of the official template).
... If you "heard about it" and it fits one of the above, post it right here!
... NOTE: Please post challenges in the most appropriate forum for your challenge topic. Thanks very much.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1392287 by Susan from Australia
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:03 am
Timothy from Glen Hope wrote:Susan thanks for the tip on the planning challenge. I definitely need that. Yesterday I was wondering what to do next. Today I'm wondering what should I do first. I need a plan.

Tim

No worries, Tim. Cath's challenge helps a lot.
#1392312 by Linda from Alabama
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:37 pm
Good Morning,
I have had a busy week, with a couple of interuptions. Husband has been sick for a few days. (He never gets sick) and granddaughter had to get a ride to another town about 30 miles away and I lost a complete afternoon, but it was great spending time with her. Than the dogs had to go to the vet. So Tue, Thur and Fri were not full work days for me, but still somehow completed my goal and than some.

Completed:

1-Edited 69 pages on Knitting n Crochet site
2-Edited 28 pages on Sewing Solutions
3-Edited or deleted bad or useless reusable blocks.
4-Completed Day One on Pinterest Action Guide

(When I say edited I mean I checked for mistakes, empty space where Chitika was and deleted those reusable blocks some time ago because I am not connected with them. I didn't use reusable blocks correctly so I had to edit. Delete, add, or move. Some pages only needed to be checked as I had corrected them in the last few weeks. So it was not I was rebuilding all those pages. But yes it was a full week for me. :)

Goal for this coming week:

1-Pinterest Action Guide

I love working this, "choose a goal and stick with it till completed" It is helping me to be so much more productive. It is so gratifying to have a completed goal and not have to worry about all the other things that need to be done. When my goal is completed I don't have to do another thing. But of course I do move on and get some bonus work done. I don't feel I am drowing with all the task that needs to be done, anymore.
#1392349 by Nancy C from Elk Grove Village
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:00 pm
I went off course this past week, and became distracted with various small tasks on my website rather than addressing my two Challenge goals: rebuilding a page a day that went up in search position the last three months and a page a day that went down, as well as looking into Twitter. Actually I purchased two ebooks on Twitter, but haven't opened them yet.

So far I'm very scattered this year about good goal-setting for my site. I've definitely been putting in the effort, just not directing it too purposefully. I'm still discouraged about traffic loss, and seem to be trying one thing and then another to see if it will help.

This week the modest goal is to read those Twitter books and take notes on how I can apply what I'm learning.
#1392368 by Jim from Helm
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:27 pm
Linda from [Domain Private]
Great work - keep focused and keep it up.

Nancy C from [Domain Private]
Easy enough to get distracted. I find if I keep the goal printed out and posted where I can see it, I am much more likely to accomplish what I intended. If change is necessary, I make the change on the posted sheet.

Last weeks goals (Rewrite a page and the associated screener (Sector Surfer) review) did not even get started since I needed to develop material for an upcoming presentation and associated web page. But did do some major cleanup/decluttering in my office.

This week;
Complete a power-point draft of the presentation and write the associated web page.
Rewrite a page to support reviews of alternate screeners
First cut of taxes - gathering the info

This may be a stretch since I have surgery scheduled Tuesday.
#1392384 by Susan from Australia
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am
Linda, what a good week of work, even though there were a few life events happening. I hope your husband is well again.

Nancy, I didn't get my focal goals done this week either. I need to write out my goals and keep there where i can see them. Even though I get distracted, I am trying to learn to write down the things that distract me so I can work them into my schedule. So far, not much has been treated that way, but I'm going to keep trying!

Jim, I hope your surgery goes well. I see you are still getting quite a bit done even with having to change your plans.

Here's my report:

Week 5 Goals

Prepare Feb Newsletter - in progress
Publish newsletter - in progress
Write new pages – Published cardmaking page - [Domain Private]

Letter press printing - in progress
Origami T2 page - in progress
card idea – origami fox card - in progress
Publish comment/picture of new projects on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram - not done
Save for coaching - in progress
EXTRAS: Changed the lead picture on the papercraft tools page, added a card project to the Stamparatus section., started adding ALT attributes to photos (I did 10 with an HTML code then realised there is a function on Blockbuilder for this. Duh! So only one is done the BB way)

Week 6 Goals

1. Follow up on Letter Press Printing contact, get newsletter out.
2. Finish writing and publishing new pages including shooting one new video:

Origami/Paper folding for Cardmakers T2
    Origami Fox card

3. Publish comment/picture of new projects on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
4. Save for coaching - in progress
#1392398 by Mary from Mico
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 pm
Susan,

That is an awesome page and I love those Spinner Cards!!! I have not seen that before. We love our Stampin Up rep. She's been doing it for nearly 20 years or more and is super friendly and creative.

One suggestion: Can you replace some of the pictures? My eyes are seeing some images as blurry.

Last week: I updated several seasonal pages and created the ezine to announce them.

This week: Must figure if I want to try Ezoic again.

Might build one PrintNPractice page first, which will take at least two evenings.

Have a great week all!

Mary
#1392400 by Susan from Australia
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:01 pm
Mary from Mico wrote:Susan,

That is an awesome page and I love those Spinner Cards!!! I have not seen that before. We love our Stampin Up rep. She's been doing it for nearly 20 years or more and is super friendly and creative.

One suggestion: Can you replace some of the pictures? My eyes are seeing some images as blurry

Mary

Hi Mary. Thank you for your kind feedback! I will take that on board about the pictures being blurry. The card was made a few years ago and of course I have given it away by now, but I could create a new card with new products. Thank you again for your help!

Glad you got your pages and ezine built.
#1392402 by Mary from Mico
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:41 pm
Hi Susan.

You're very welcome.

I had been tempted to think that you might have wanted a better keyword for that page and was distracted by the fun options!

So. Back to business.

Don't change the file name/url address, but do consider improving the Page Info title and description as well as the H1 heading on the actual page.

1. Use BrainstormIt to find whether "cardmaking" or "card making" has better profitability. Or decide logically in the card making world it is either one or two words....

I read the best little article this year on how to tell whether a word should be a compound noun or two words. Simple if it is a compound word it is a third thing separate from the other two. It names another or specified thing: sailboat, raincoat, etc. (This point could help all of us.) As here one of the words is a verbal.

2. Once you know whether you want to use the compound or the two words, find extended keywords that you can use in the Title of the page, headings, and content of the description and page. (These are hypothetical ideas.)

handmade card making

card making at home

holiday card making

birthday card making

Aha! I see a navbar that gives more to the title: Card Making Tips. You can use up to 160 characters in the Title field in Page Info (even though a bit shorter can be good)....

card making shortcuts

card making hints

Can be used throughout the page.

'Just some ideas to help visitors find your page. My apologies if you already have some of this. Ahem. Note to self.... :D

Mary
#1392407 by Suzie from Southview
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm
Bit late, but I definitely have my weekly goals written out on one of Cath's templates - I sort of map my week out including other things I'm doing that week so that I don't just focus on my business. Then I put that in a ring binder and it sits on my in tray and it's then very easy for me to see where I've got to that week.

Last week's goals:
Add a walking package to the walking holidays page - completed
Do some more Pinterest pins to cover T2's and T3's - didn't complete as waiting for logo which I now have

This week's goals:
Do a post for a guest blog that I was asked to write
Do a template sheet of accommodation details and maps for one of my long walking routes
Now I have a logo, complete pins for T2's and T3's

Better get going...!
#1392442 by Catherine from Ashmore
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:16 am
I'm even later- a lot of business calls this morning.

I didn't get last week's goal of page optimizations finished, but I did a lot of other things that had to be done. So this week that's my goal again-- along with a few new Pinterest pins if possible. I've made more changes in plans as it seems I have eye problems that could greatly limit or end my site work-- so I'm focusing on getting the site into as good condition as possible rather than adding individual English lessons.

I want to contact Ezoic again next week and try putting ads on the site.
#1392449 by Susan from Australia
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 am
Mary Thank you for the explanation about related key words. You told me some new things I did not know. I will do more hunting in Brainstormer.

Catherine I am so sorry to hear about your eye problems. I hope there is something that can be done for you. Take care of you.