... SOME fabulous-sounding product or resource that could be of use to your online business? Here's the place to share something new that's NOT yet in the HQs yet. ...UPCOMING conferences and get-togethers being held near you? Mentorship threads? (ex., WAHM, 20 something, 50+ and more)?
... BUSINESS for sale? This is the place to buy/sell businesses! :-)
SBI! builds businesses with real value (EQUITY) - there have been sales with valuations in 6 figures here! Please read the Buy/Sell Guidelines in the FAQ first (requires use of the official template).
... If you "heard about it" and it fits one of the above, post it right here!
... NOTE: Please post challenges in the most appropriate forum for your challenge topic. Thanks very much.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1393578 by Mary from Mico
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:26 pm
Hi Judy.

The main thing I notice is that I'd move your quick links higher above the huge Pinteresting picture. It would help me know that I was in the right place for the contest when I saw the intro link to the list of judges.

Speaking of which: Great picture with the penguin! I may watch this contest yet. I remember the joy we had one spring when we had been very faithful to keep our bird feeders filled and we could count sixteen different kinds of birds in one camera view. There could have been 50 to 75 birds. A bit muddy, though, and long before we had a digital camera.

Awesome prizes! You've done quite a bit to set up a contest! Now you'll need to babysit the entries. :shock:

Thank you for remembering Grand Baby. He or she has not yet arrived. Today's the full moon, though!

Have a great week!

#1393580 by Judith from Quarryville
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:55 pm
Thanks Jim, I think your wife needs a new camera too! :lol:

We have a great resource of skilled and talented people here and it is a wonderful exchange to be able to utilize that expertise.

Oh Mary, good luck with the full moon! You must be so excited!

I have actually added my usual right column links to the top of the page, so hopefully that helps to solve the problem you had.

For sure get your feeders filled! We fed about 100 Goldfinches this winter along with various other types of birds and it was great! (Expensive though, between dogs and birds there is hardly any money left for our groceries.) :lol:
#1393610 by Cat from glutenfreehomemade.com
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 pm

Dear Friends,
I am posting today, as I have a rare opportunity to visit with my beloved sister and her husband when they come into our area for a visit on Saturday.
Nothing more to report, except my health continues to challenge my ability to remain vertical and coherent.

Next Week's Goals:
    1. Finish draft and publish next issue of Gluten Free Homemade Newsletter
    2. Finalize Easter and spring editorial calendars, with an eye on Mother's Day (USA)
    3. Wind up St. Patrick's Day recipe marketing promotion and ease into Easter/Spring recipe marketing promotion
    4. Publish new dessert recipe
    5. Remodeled the following recipe webpage for recipe schema and Pinterest optimization:
    Macaroni and Cheese
    6. Complete Day 4 of the Pinterest Action Guide
#1393626 by Susan from Australia
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:41 am
Cat it is good to see you have had special family time and still got some goals accomplushed. Sorry you are still battling for your health. Take care.

I am having trouble getting any time to work on my site. We are off grid, off power, have patchy reception, and dusty conditions which are not ideal for papercrafting.

I do know where to pick up again when I can do some work, thanks to my goals/plans.
#1393637 by Linda from Alabama
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:55 pm
Hi Everyone,

Cat I am so happy for your getting a chance to vistit your sister. Ihave 4 and one lives hundreds of miles away and I don't get to see her often. I would also take this time. Enjoy!

This has been a weird week. I don't use Pinterest much persoanally, just don't care for it. And really don't like or care for having to set it up for business. So I have to force myself to work on the guide.

Completed this pass week:

(1) I added Auto Ads to both sites, but than had to go back and remove text and image because it
was shoving my content and images all around and messing up my pages something awful on one site but not the other.
I will now leave it for a couple of weeks and go back and review earnings and more important see what it is doing to my bounce rate.

(2) I now have both sites set up with business accounts in Pinterest. Only made it half way through day four.

(3) Got a new page up. Yeah!!! first one in a 2-3 years. Teaching how to make a quilt block with written and step by step instructions and photos.

[Domain Private]/Flying-Dutchman-Block.html

(4) Watched or joined a webinar (first one) on keywords and phrases.

Have webinars take the place of conferences?

Next week goal:

(1) Sew up two more blocks and take pictures.
(2) Re-write one page

I have found my T-2s really should be T-3s and all T-2s should be on Nav bar. This will be my bonus work if I have time.

I am taking a break from Pinterest. Hope you have a wonderful product week coming.
#1393639 by Nancy C from USA
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:12 pm
This week I was less rebellious because I set lower goals. So I did achieve the goal of revamping a row of my thumbnails every day. In fact I finished all of this project.

I also prepared and sent my monthly newsletter, one of the unfinished goals from the previous week.

A considerable amount of other work also was accomplished. I refreshed content and photos on one page per day and posted it to the blog/What's New. I'm writing several new pages. Since my traffic seems to be ticking upward slightly and my AdSense earnings are trending upward toward the pre-September amount, I ordered new search engine reports and will delve into those shortly. My manual check of one of my T2 pages formerly ranked at #7, right after the Wikipedias and such, showed that it is back at #7 again after being at >30 when I last ran the search engine report in January.

This leads to my goal for next week: analyze the search engine reports to try to understand what changed between October and January, and between January and now.
#1393644 by Judith from Quarryville
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:23 pm
No Mary,
Ha! Too funny about the pet food....

I hope you're not serious. :shock:

we still manage to eat, probably more than we should! :lol:

Cat & Susan I am so impressed how you both maintain your thrust through all your difficulties. Different to one another but both not easy to maintain focus through. Good for you both! :D

Linda, too bad you don't like Pinterest. It is hard to get involved with a task you don't enjoy. Hopefully that will come as you push through. I love it and get excited about it and still get quite a bit of traffic from it although I have not pinned regularly for several months.

That is one of my goals this week along with baby sitting my contest. :lol: and of course looking after my two constant little charges here. And Pebbles is starring at me so I must go, maybe she wants to go out and my potty training efforts are paying off. :lol:
#1393671 by Catherine from englishhints.com
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 pm
Quick report, as we'll be gone most of next week, so I'm trying to get ready.

I got Ezoic up, and am pleased with it so far. I also got the urgent course videos corrected, and a lot of needed site work done.

Next week a newsletter, and work on modifying an existing pdf on Spanish cognates that I sell to teachers to offer to (Spanish-speaking) English-learners.

Have a good week!
#1393679 by Susan from Australia
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:42 am
Thank you, Judith. I will keep at it!

I had a bit of battery life left on my phone so thought I would see how everyone is going. We are back on power on Tuesday.

It is good to hear about progress in all its forms. :D I am sending you all congratulations for ticking something off your lists this week! :D
#1393682 by Karin (SBI for WP user from Maarheeze)
Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:50 pm
Hi Everybody.
It's inspiring to see read about the progress many are making!
I love it.

Last Week:

- Read The Pinterest Guide ✅
- Add a downloadable ebook to my site ❌
- Fill in my tax account for 2017 ✅
- Grow and prune my twitter account (unfollow dead accounts/follow relevant others) ✅
- Work on internal linking on my website ✅

I started working on my Pinterest account after reading the guide.
There is so much info to digest.
I am not going to let myself scare off though ;-)

I think I must have been one of the first to have filled in and filed their tax report 2017.
As soon as the first of March arrived I downloaded the tax app and filled in the missing parts.
In the Netherlands 🌷, our tax authorities fill in most items.
Well, that is the good news. The bad news is that we have the highest income tax percentages (52%) in the world.
On top of that, we pay 21% VAT, energy taxes, etcetera.
Not complaining though (although it may sound like I am). We still get a lot in return!

I didn't manage to finish all items I intended to do.
Must have taken on too many tasks.

So for Next week
- Work on an autoresponder
- design an infographic

Weather-wise, we survived the Beast From The East.
Spring is in the air!

Have a great week.
#1393686 by Linda from Alabama
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:05 pm

The bad news is that we have the highest income tax percentages (52%) in the world.
On top of that, we pay 21% VAT, energy taxes, etcetera.
Not complaining though (although it may sound like I am). We still get a lot in return!

Wow oh wow. This should teach us not to complain. I can't imagine.

So glad you are accomplishing so much.

I have not given up on Pinterest, you make me realize I need to just get it over with and stop complaining. :lol::lol::lol:
#1393692 by Timothy from Glen Hope
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:41 pm
Since I converted to https: protocol I haven't had any goals to speak about. Did some cleanup and made 2 new pages in the last 3 weeks but that's about it.

I have been working on creating progressive web apps. It is a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. Hence I've been on the learning curve for most of the last 3 weeks.

However I did start a new project, which gives me goals to set. This weeks goal is to create a web app called 'Weight Loss Caclulator.' Here's a snapshot of my progress so far

I don't have an actual page for you to look at yet. So that is another goal for this week. Finish the WLC-PWA version of WeightLossCalc and make a page for it. What do you think?

#1393693 by Leslie from High River
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:56 pm
Well done Everyone.

I am still noodling about how to handle dealing with C-2's but am close. I did a big update on one page and developed and published a second related page. Took so long - trying to be accurate scientifically without being boring.

These are the pages...
[Domain Private]/soil-texture.html[/url] and[url][Domain Private]/soil-texture-testing.html

This week I will start working on the C-2 issue again.

And we've had another foot or so of snow here. Thursday night on a drive back from Calgary I needed the rubble strips to figure out where I was on the road. Can't imagine how the UK peeps are adjusting to their snow. We're at least somewhat used to big dumps.