How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1360709 by ken-admin
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:15 pm
Hi to all,

We all know how phpbb's search function is, well, not so great (to be kind).🙄

Now that we've opened the forums, there's a great fix for that. I mentioned how I happened to find the following thread through Google by searching for AdSense login...

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1360708#p1360708

Google search can really open up the wealth of info that is in here. Simply go to Google and search on...

site:forums.sitesell.com [YOUR SEARCH TOPIC]

So... You can use all of Google's regular or advanced syntax to find just about anything in these forums now that pretty much every page has been indexed.

Tuck that one way for the next time you want to search on a topic! :-)

All the best,
Ken

P.S. Nuts, I should have searched to see if anyone else had mentioned this yet! Oh well, I've written it now. Have YOU tried it and if so, how has it worked?
#1360813 by ken-admin
Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:02 pm
A smokin' idea, Bill!♨️

I'll pass along to the techs to add it as a drop-down option below the "Advanced" option! Clicking on it would open a new tab/window to this page...

https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... tesell.com

All you'd have to do is add the search term after the "site:forums.sitesell.com" prefill that you see.

Thanks for that!

All the best,
Ken
#1360837 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:23 am
I'll pass along to the techs to add it as a drop-down option below the "Advanced" option! Clicking on it would open a new tab/window to this page...

https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... tesell.com

All you'd have to do is add the search term after the "site:forums.sitesell.com" prefill that you see.

Totally out-of-the-box thinking. Thanks Bill! You have no idea how often my teeth have gnashed with the immature search function. :?

Perhaps the most revolutionary idea to hit SBI! since....ummmm...SBI! Let's hope you have pages of admiring notes of acknowledgement!
Paul
#1361280 by David from California
Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Hmmm... I have been frustrated a long time with the search here and this should be a great big help to know.

But, searching -

Code: Select allsite:forums.sitesell.com youtube
for posts in the past year, it only shows one post that mentions youtube. Is this possible? Also can someone post here the URL for the video AG
#1361281 by David from California
Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:20 pm
In the previous post, I meant a link to the Tips and Techniques guide on videos. Sorry about that! And I found it anyway.

:shock::D
#1361291 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:49 pm
In the previous post, I meant a link to the Tips and Techniques guide on videos. Sorry about that! And I found it anyway.

Glad someone's looking for them! :lol:
#1361409 by Bill from Talos IV
Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:31 am
Thanks for the kudos Paul, Cath. And if you haven't noticed, the Google Forum Search is up and running! Works really well, too.

And thank you Ken and and all the techs that made it happen. Pretty Cool!

Have a good one,
#1361411 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:04 am
...if you haven't noticed, the Google Forum Search is up and running! Works really well, too.

Yes I have! It's a little invisible but it is brilliant.

As an example, I tried something pretty obscure early this morning.. "sbier map" (no quotations" "). I was looking for a post about SBIers being able to post their location on a map.

The results were totally spot on, whereas the results from the old index were nowhere near close.

Yay for Bill. It's a shame about the ads as they appear counter-productive - especially for those using the Guest version. I'm guessing the cost to move to Custom Search would be prohibitive. I can't begin to imagine how many SBI! searches there are in the forums a year! :shock:

Thanks!
Paul