How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1377458 by Evelyn from Luxemburg
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:35 am
Or alternatively, I'm in a situation where it is inappropriate/tricky to ask/involve them?

I'm done with Day 1 steps/goals except for this one. I dont want my colleagues learning anything about this because of a whole host of dynamics too much to describe here and my family will think I'm nuts. I come from a culture in which my friends will not respect this.

Is this step skippable? Must I involve people from my life?

I really was hoping to do this without involving people who are very close to me at least until its up and running. How to proceed? And what are the risks for my future success if I wait to build a community of advisers from a different source?

Thanks for reading.

Evy
#1377459 by Harvey from Woodbridge
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 am
Hi Evy,

Yes, it's skippable.

Getting feedback from others is valuable, but it's certainly not mandatory... particularly if you're the sort of person (like me) who prefers to hunt alone. :D

All the best,
Harvey
#1377461 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:03 pm
Hi Evy,

It is, as Harvey says, skippable. However I would bear in mind that it can be really useful to have others' eyes on what we do, particularly in those early stages.

If you make an assessment that you really can't involve friends, family or colleagues at this stage then my advice would be to make sure you come to the forums regularly. There's a lot of people here who are experienced, knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Cath.
#1377464 by Evelyn from Luxemburg
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:52 pm
Thank you both, Harvey and Cathy, for your feedback. Yes, Cathy, I'll be sure to supplement the network with the community here.👍And Harvey, I do prefer to 'hunt alone' as far as my close ones are concerned. 🙂Thanks both of you!

Evy