How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1263468 by Cath from Italy
Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:17 pm
757 re-pins - I'd call that success, Julie. Well done you. You have some beautiful images on your site.

One of the problems with Pinterest is that quite often, people download the Pin, re-upload and Pin it as their own image rather than re-Pinning and leaving the URL intact. So having the URL in the image itself - whether it's technically speaking a watermark or not - makes perfect sense to me. Most people can't be bothered to remove text from an image.

Thanks for sharing your good practice. :)
#1270614 by Jonathan from Isle Au Haut
Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:55 am
Get Celebrity Testimonials On Your Site

I was in a boot camp in LA recently. There were several actors and actresses there. Unfortunately, I did not think to ask Rhona Bennett, aka Miss R&B for a testimonial as I sat having supper with her in the hotel. Alas, I have her contact info so will get it.

But, as I was walking through the hotel, there were these two gentlemen I met earlier. Hoping to talk further, I waited for a chance to speak. Then an older man stands up and approaches, asking my name and what I did. On telling him I am a nurse, he shares what his health challenge is. Just so happens his challenge is something I have considerable experience with. On asking his name, turns out he is not only famous, he is the top of his profession and known internationally. He is Less Brown, the motivational speaker.

In between our discussions and as I am writing for him, countless people come up to ask for their picture to be taken with him. Easily 30 or 40 in between our discussions.
So when I was finished helping him, instead of asking him for a picture, I asked for a testimonial "for my website. He gave me a glowing video testimonial on video. Further, the whole confidentiality aspect of my conversation is now covered.

These are easy to get and the famous provide social proof that you are something more that the sum of your website.
#1270615 by Mary from Mico
Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:11 am
Congratulations Jonathan! Thank you for sharing this and your business card idea in the other thread.

Very encouraging. Being social is something we should "be" wherever we go, at least friendly and inviting, and this is a great example of it.

#1270625 by Julie from Adona
Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:03 am
Jonathan, you are one smart cookie. Good job and thanks for sharing!

#1270637 by Greg from Here
Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:04 am
The best tip I ever heard...

"Don't Fry Bacon Naked" :lol:

What? I'm off topic? Your selectively deleting the content I have slaved over it for at least 30 seconds? <sigh> alright..fine....

I can't decide on my "best" tip. But I have given some of my favorites in this thread I think that you'll like :wink:

In all honesty I can't "give" you my best tip Ken, but if you IM me and give me yours I'll gladly exchange ideas... :wink:
See, I've decided that I need to start publishing them and make a few pesos so I can feed my wife and my thirteen hungry children :D Or at the very least offer for free once they furnish their first name and e-mail address.

#1270644 by Rachel from Sneads
Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:04 am
Great tip, Jonathan!

I'll have to remember this the next time I talk with someone famous ! ;)

However, I do believe opportunities pop up... and I'll ask for a testimonial when they do.

#1300603 by Phillip from Tohata
Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:44 am
My Top Tip is this:

Building the skill of consistency is more important than the thing you are trying to be consistent with...

It means nothing to put in a fantastic SINGULAR effort. What matters is doing something over and over and over again so that you get REAL GOOD at staying consistent. THEN what you will find is that it becomes easier to put in bigger efforts!

If you want to be successful you have to be in this for the long-term. It isn't a quick fix.

Hope it helps!