How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1306418 by Tara from Adolphus
Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:01 am
I'm watching the Video Action Guide on using the spreadsheet to create a site blueprint ( It has Tier 2 and Tier 3 in the spreadsheet, and a cool way to switch views between them, but no way to add and organize Tier 4's? I'm on a Mac so I'm new to XLS. Has anyone added a Tier 4 column that works as well as the rest of the spreadsheet seems to, and could explain how with Open Office?
#1336892 by Anette from Driehoek
Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:36 pm
Hello Tara

I'm afraid I cannot help you with this, however I am wondering where in the AG this spreadsheet is mentioned? I have watched the AG but cannot recall finding this.

Would be great if you could point me in the direction.

#1337177 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:14 pm
The spreadsheet has been around for quite some time so no one remembers who created it. I'm not as savvy
with spreadsheets as i would like so I can't tell you how to do it.

I can however caution you from doing it. The main reason is ... if you feel the need to go to 4 tiers I fear your niche is too broad.

Broad niches are notoriously hard to win (you are fighting against the big boys there, and they will win, they are just
too well known and get extra boost from Google because they are THE brand).

You will have a much better opportunity to win a niche if you can get it between narrow and middle than
if you are between middle and broad in the spectrum. Believe me I know.

I did this back in 2002 for my site and I've been fighting an uphill battle ever since, I wish I had gone narrow! I'm in the process
of narrowing now; but again, it will be a process in redoing an entire established site.

Good luck.