How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1307851 by Louis from Friday Harbor
Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:02 pm
I used Search It the other day to check on my outbound links and I received some weird results that my page links to--sites in Japanese, one in Russian, and another one is a news article from Delhi. Can anybody tell me how I can see where these links are on my site? I've been trying to figure out if some links were hijacked or if it's just a Google bug, but I haven't had any luck. Just curious if anybody has had this happen or has any tips. Thank you.
#1309800 by Meghashyam from Padra
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:04 pm
You could try entering your site at

When you enter your site there and click on the tab that says 'outbound links', you can see atleast 10 sites that your site links to. I'm not sure if those 10 sites will be one of those sites you have mentioned, but no harm in giving it a try.

When you click on the 'LINKS' tab on the right for every site mentioned, the pages on your site that link to those sites - are also displayed.

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem - but it's worth a try.
#1317094 by Lorelie from Saint Amant
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 pm
Lois, I am going through the same thing right now. Did you find the solution to the problem? I too have some very strange articles and sites that my site is linking out to and have no idea how. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Maghashyam I tried what you suggested. Thanks. But they only show a few and I don't want to pay.

#1319056 by Louis from Friday Harbor
Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:27 pm
I still haven't found an answer Lorelie. I just checked again and the foreign sites are gone, but now there are other sites in their place--one is to some art studio and another is someone's personal instagram account. Maybe it's just a glitch. I use Xenu Sleuth to check links but it didn't show any of the sites. I've also tried ... generator/ but it only returns 100 results unless you register. I've heard good things about ScreamingFrog, so I'm going to download that and see if it returns any results.