How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1315053 by Wendy from Toronto
Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:06 am
Bet you didn't know SBI! had it's own version of Google It! Did you? Well judging from some of the questions that get asked repeatedly and my own experience in working with 100s of coaching clients who have a hard time finding info that is right at our fingertips, I thought I'd take a moment to reintroduce you to FIND IT! Guy.

I'm sure you've come across the little hunched over guy with the magnifying glass on numerous occasions. After all, he's everywhere... in Site Central, in the Forums, in the TNT and Monetization HQs... you get the picture. He's everywhere. The only thing is, you have to ask him for help if you want to FIND anything.

How do you do that?

1. First you click on him and voila! the little guy magically offers up a list of high priority SBI! resources along with a search box to drill down for more specific help.

2. You can scroll through the resources or type in a word or phrase related to what you are trying to find. Start with one or two words related to what you need help with and add more words if FIND IT! returns too many results.

Let's say you're looking for ideas to build traffic. Try typing build traffic in the Find It! search box and click Search For It!

Want advice on how to publish your ebook on Kindle? Try typing Kindle in the Find It! search box and click Search For It!

Typing the most important word associated with what you need help with will usually return the best results. Only type two or more words if you get dozens or hundreds of results.

I find almost everything I need quickly with Find It!

In fact, I ask the Find It! guy for help so often that I just type his contact info directly into the address bar - - He's like my own little virtual assistant.

If there's a TNT article, monetization article, Action Guide mention, or help file on the subject you're looking for more info on, the Find It! guy will find it. He's SBI's very own custom Google It!
#1315136 by Douglas from Planet Earth
Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:06 pm
Thanks Wendy. I tried it out again after reading your post and came to the conclusion:

"I have to use this more often!"

Doug C.
#1315137 by Susan from Ash Flat
Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:26 pm
Oh my :oops: Can't believe I've been an SBI'er for 8 years (give or take) and I've never used this feature! Thanks Wendy :)
#1315150 by Rachel from Sneads
Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:45 pm
Thanks Wendy, this is great!

I know I haven't used Find It Guy enough, and need to remember he's there to help. I remember when I first saw the Find it! page when I was going through the Action Guide and later I couldn't remember where it was and it took me quite a bit of searching to find Find it Guy again. LOL! I bookmarked him right then so I could find the Find It page again when I needed it, but I forget to use it like I should/could.

I'm going to paste the URL here since the one in your post isn't clickable:

Thanks for the reminder! I already know a few things I need to find on SBI to help me better understand some key things I should know better, but keep putting off.
#1315157 by Wendy from Toronto
Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:12 am
Thanks Rachel. I meant to add a live link and then neglected to do so.

For those who may lose track of this thread or forget where they saved the link, you can actually just click on the hunched over guy with the magnifying glass.

1. He's in the upper right corner of the forums, just under the search box.
2. He's in the upper right corner in Site Central and on any page linking from Site Central.

I've just gotten used to typing direct into the address bar for everything from to, and from to

I login from several locations though, so there's a method to my madness. :)
#1315187 by Christine from Elliottville
Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:12 am
Oh my :oops: Can't believe I've been an SBI'er for 8 years (give or take) and I've never used this feature!

Same here - so yesterday I added it to my bookmarks bar, then went to use it this morning. But every single query I put in returns the "Sorry, No Results Found" message. Did we break it? :?
#1315189 by Larry Chamberlain from LONDON
Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:23 am
Hi Christine,

Yep, looks like somebody (not me honest) has broken it :)

I'll try it again a bit later and if it is still not working I'll contact support.

All the best,
#1315207 by Christine from Elliottville
Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:50 pm
Hi Christine,

Yep, looks like somebody (not me honest) has broken it :)

I'll try it again a bit later and if it is still not working I'll contact support

Thank you Larry :)
#1315211 by Larry Chamberlain from LONDON
Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:19 pm
Find It! must have been taking an extended coffee break, just tried it again and all appears to be well :)

All the best,
#1315424 by Julie from Lebanon Junction
Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:55 pm
I personally rarely find my answers so stopped using it.... I am wondering if anyone else has that issue too.

#1315425 by Wendy from Toronto
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:00 pm
Can you give an example? What were you looking for? What word or phrase did you use for the search?
#1330272 by Kelly Ann from South Alpine County
Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:49 am
Hi Julie,
I have experienced the same problem.

Wendy: I didn't know what TOC was. I thought it was Table of Contents (which it is), but the article that Ken wrote using TOC didn't make sense. So I went to Mr. Find It! and I got hundreds articles but none said what TOC's definition was and what it had to do with Panda.

I think in my case I'm just learning SBI's language. So much of what Ken writes is acronyms so I've tried using Find It! but it doesn't find definitions, it just finds articles about the acronyms. Which at times is very helpful, but not when you are trying to find a particular definition.

With Google it pre-guesses what you want. So even if you don't know the exact phrase you're looking for, you'll find it even before you are brought to the first page. If I could have a wish, I'd ask for a Google-like pre-guessing on Find It! :wink:

I created a new updated Acronyms and Glossary Terms page in Supplemental Help (if I could figure out how to link it I would have added that here)... and yes I went to Find It! to learn how to link that specific link, and after 35 minutes asking Mr Find It! and rewatching the AG Forum video, I couldn't figure out how to do it. :wink:

Anyway, Wendy, I hope that helped you with what was having problems with. :shock::lol: