How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1326763 by Karen from Galena
Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:32 pm
I just used NicheChooseIt to decide whether I should trade in my car, keep it for 2 more years until the loan is paid off, or keep it for 4 more years until it's at the 7 yr/100,000 mile point where I've historically found myself becoming nervous about (or experiencing) unreliability.
I've been spending all my scant free time for the past 3 weeks researching everything related to this decision.
I found myself at a car dealer saying to the salesman "I need some kind of computer program that will take my pros and cons, weight them by importance, and spit out my answer."
Then I remembered NicheChooseIt!
It tells me that my current toss-a-coin mind state is exactly what the tool's result is, with only a few percentage points between all the choices.... which I think explains why I had a hard time deciding.
I modified and refined my list and my assigned values up and down...several times.... to see how the tweeks affected the result, and came up with some surprising findings.
The most surprising was that adding a Happiness Factor, even if weighted at only 10%, shifts the number slightly in favor of buying one of the new cars, probably because the weighting for that factor is the widest between all of the choices, compared to most of the other factors, which only vary by 30-50%.

I still don't know what I'm going to do, though! :lol:

Last edited by Debs Seeber from Palm Coast on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Niche Finding to here as you are discussing one of our Supplemental Help Tools