How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1338197 by John from
Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:57 am
I think this new format is better than before because it allows greater focus on the subject you are looking for and it allows a top level skim through to allow viewing of subjects you may not have noticed before - e.g. today I saw the The Tortoise's Little Green Book Of Winning Theories.

I think this new format is worse than before because blocks you if you know what you are looking for - e.g. today I saw the The Tortoise's Little Green Book Of Winning Theories. Like others have said - finding that article on the page again (e.g. looking for related articles) is a problem since I now need to remember the major subject headline. It's gone from my head so now its click-about-time.

Could a small?!? piece of javascript - button do an expand/hide all?

P.S. I tried Find it on "The Tortoise's Little Green Book Of Winning Theories." = no luck
#1338224 by Douglas from Planet Earth
Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:40 pm
I think it is much BETTER for one simple fact. I actually look at these and learn a little something each morning.
I love this feature.

Doug C.
#1338315 by ken-admin
Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:53 pm
I can't thank everyone enough for providing honest, clear feedback, as well as additional comments.

Before I do a final tally and summary...

Last call! :-)

#1338338 by Kate from US
Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:19 am
Is there still time to make a suggestion?

How about if Site Central offers two settings for the HQs: Always open SC with articles displayed (for the "This Is Worse" camp) or always open SC with articles hidden (for the "This Is Better" camp).

Hey, I'm a mother of 4 and a grandma of 10. I solve disputes. :lol:

#1338353 by Lesley Pinkett from East Devon
Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:46 pm
I think this new format is WORSE than before because you can't find what you're looking for quickly OR see what's new :(
#1338357 by Jeff from
Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:09 pm
I have to ask: why can't you see what's new? There's a box at the top, before all the articles even begin, that links to the newest articles. And that's been there for over a year.
#1338456 by Jill from Mullengudgery
Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:07 pm
I think it is better as it all looks comprehensive and logical - an easy progression from the general to the specific.
#1338470 by Douglas from Planet Earth
Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:45 pm

If you want to see what's new, just click the box and it will show up.

Doug C.
#1338476 by Mary from Mico
Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:37 pm
Hi Jill and Doug.....

Um... All fifty plus boxes?

Maybe I'm not looking at the same thing as you. When I scroll down or click a jump link there are about sixty closed boxes hiding the actual articles. These are closed for me. Do you click all sixty blocks looking for an article?

I would think that the jump down link would be much more useful to the visitor if there were actually some info when I click rather than a closed box. Meaning that it's at least the nuisance of an extra click. I'd still need to use Ctrl F to be certain a term was not on the page or in the block....

Jeff, the What's new block at the top is great and I use it often. The TNT HQ used to have a red New next to the new articles in the lower section which are hidden by the blocks.... Because they were red they were easier to find if we'd missed them at the top.

Thank you all for your help.

#1338572 by Meghashyam from Padra
Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:18 am
I think this new format is WORSE than before because I generally used to find out if there was an article related to a topic I was confused about by typing Ctrl+F and searching the TNT headquarters or MHQ - I can't do that any more.

I'm now forced to use Find It! - and carefully skim through those results. This is taking up more time. For example, I recently spent around 10 mins searching for a TNT article on styling horizontal navigation because I couldn't simply type Ctrl+F and I was confused about which section it was in. I expected the article to be in the CSS section (but it was in the BB2 section).
#1338969 by Julia from Troutdale
Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:44 pm
I liked the old format of the TNT and Monetization HQs better than I like the new format. At-a-glance scanning of article titles is more difficult now, as is using Ctrl-F to find what I'm looking for.

Kind regards,
#1340283 by Mary from Mico
Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:25 am
Thank you!!!

I was dreading searching for a TNT article a few moments ago and was so relieved to find that the boxes are now open. My search was quick and easy - with Ctrl F. Huge relief.

Thank you so much!

#1340291 by Julia from Troutdale
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:58 pm
I agree with Mary. Thanks so much for changing the format again. At-a-glance scanning of article titles and using Ctrl-F to find what I'm looking for are both easy again. :)

~ Julie