How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1353567 by Carl from Sarasota, Florida
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 pm
I have a page that is not doing very well and I was attempting edit the page information. The hopes was to give the page better content and give the page a Voice.
While doing that I have changed the page name and I am now not able to pass analyze it no matter how many times I try. What have I done wrong and how can I correct it?
Thanks in advance for any help out there.
#1353568 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:52 pm
It's kind of a catch 22. If you change the page information to improve the SEO of a page, then it no longer passes AI. You can do one of two things; ignore AI and see what happens to the page in the next couple of weeks, or go back to pleasing an algorithm. Always please your visitors, and not search engines or other artificial intelligence. :D
#1353719 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:51 pm
It's a good idea to leave the file name as it is, and don't change that part. The title and description are okay to change, but as you've found, that creates the issue with Analyze It.
#1353956 by Carl from Sarasota, Florida
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:18 pm
Jackie, If I am comfortable with the content improvements and have implemented all of the Analyze-It details, should I still just let it sit for a while?
You are correct my problem came when I changed the file name.

Thanks again, Carl
#1356339 by Douglas from Planet Earth
Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:36 pm
Hi Carl,

You can still have your cake and eat it too. Here is what to do so you pass analyze it.
using the following changes.

If you leave the file name the same but are changing the keyword and thus the content with the new keyword:

Change the Page title, keyword and description so they all contain the new keyword. Next change your content
by inserting the new keyword enough times and make the page run naturally.

Now go and change the file name to match the new keyword and run analyze it. Make any changes necessary
so the page passes. DO NOT BUILD THE PAGE YET.

Now that the page passes, change the File Name back to what it was and build the page.

I do this all the time and my biggest problem is I forget to change the File Name back. :oops:

If you do forget, just go back and change it. The odds of the search engines crawling during the brief time
that you had the other File Name, is very remote.

If you change the File Name and leave it by choice, make sure you check for broken links. I use This is because any links to the old page will go
no where and you need to change any links to the new page.

I'm a bit of a rebel, without the leather jacket, although I have a couple of them and have played with
changing all kinds of things and tried different ideas just for the fun of it and to see what happens. 8)
I don't recommend this, but for me I like doing experiments just for the entertainment value. :lol:

I hope that helps Carl.

Doug C.