How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1359090 by ken-admin
Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi to all,

As usual, there's a ton going on in "NetMarketing Land." And as usual, little is of ENOUGH value to be worth your TIME. At least 50% has been said before, usually many times. We've got that covered (if it's not a waste of time). Another 20% is a new but a waste of time, stuff that folks just wouldn't do. Another 20% is counter-productive (SEO tricks, GRQ, etc.).

I'm just spitballing estimates.

And then we get down to stuff that we haven't covered yet...

It may be new and we're waiting to see how it plays out, or maybe it just hasn't made the cut. "Which cut," you ask?

Increasingly, as the noise level mounts, we focus more and more on the answer to this question...

Even if there's some value in some new info or concept that comes along, would this distract the SBIer more than help her succeed?

NOTHING is worth more than YOUR TIME! So we guard it jealously.

Overall, we've done a pretty good job of slicing it (if I do say so myself). Now, though, the pickings are getting a little lean, despite there being more info buzzing around than ever...

But we're not going to just create content to keep busy. Nor am I going to lay anyone off because there's not enough to write about.

Oooo, that'll send shudders through the Content Team😬!
No, they're all great and care like heck. No danger of
that. Just keeping them on their toes. 👣;-)

Anywayyyyyy... as usual, when we're a little stuck, I turn to the folks who know... YOU! What do YOU want to know. The idea here, though, is a little different than simply asking. It's kind of a wish list for a topic to be covered.

Here's how it works...

What would you like us to write about? "How to ________" for example. Think hard on this. A few exclusions...

- If it's just for you and would not likely be of value to many, you need to Google it.

- Search to see if we HAVE covered it. Maybe we haven't covered an aspect of the topic, though?

- Taxes, accounting, etc, aren't within our mandate.

OK, aside from those exclusions...

If you think others would want the same info and if we have not yet covered it, please let us know what you want to know regarding the building of your online business.

Once done, do you see the topic of this thread?...

"INFO That I Really Need" 👉

Add, in ALL UPPER CASE, a topic to the right of the 👉

For example, your post might say...

Once you post it, AND once you've added an UPPER CASE note to the subject, you're still not finished. Please review other posts. Reply to the requests that you agree with, including the topic (ex., "PINTEREST VS. INSTAGRAM - WHICH ONE?") so it's easy for us to find. And please add a short note why you are voting for it (a single sentence is fine, or add as much as you like).

Once you've done that, you are indeed done. And we'll be getting some great ideas on how to help you better by picking the highest value content, setting it into the context of where it fits in, etc.

As always, I thank you in advance! :-)

Hoping to get some great ideas from you,

P.S. If this thread becomes so popular that it becomes too awkward to manage and to tally up the votes of support, we'll turn it into a "Content Wish List Forum." Just sayin' :-)
#1359132 by Maria from Agness
Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:31 pm
Hi Ken,

This is a great idea and thank you for asking what we want to see.
I asked this before here but didn't get enough votes.
Do we need it? If so could we have some easy to follow instructions on how to use it as google's instructions are geared towards web developers and I personally find it very confusing,

All the best,
#1359171 by Mark from Northern Taiwan
Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:35 am
Any information on setting up an online store, shopping basket etc. I did a quick search and couldn't find any information on it–so apologies if I missed anything.

Actually, my true desire would be to have a store, in my case for e-goods, integrated into SBI :) But information on the best resources for and ways to do this would be helpful.
#1359175 by Bill from Talos IV
Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:07 pm
Hi Ken, it's been a while.

I've just gotten serious about working on my site again after years of neglect. It had been bringing in enough $$$ for me to survive on since 2010, but year after year the income kept dropping. This last year the income has finally dropped enough to spur me into figuring out why, and to do something about it.

I've been working on content issues and trying to get the site set up with a better design. My latest project in working with the content has been studying the numbers for each page in Google Analytics. I chose a specific period, and have been recording the total page views, time on page, bounce rate and exit rate for each page within that period. I'm using that info to gauge the value of the page, visitor engagement, and reasons for a visitor leaving the site instead of visiting another of my pages. I've already gotten some pretty good insights on how to proceed in repairing pages and improving my site as a whole.

Anyway, as to my need for info, I'd like to see some kind of guide to using GA - maybe a Google Analytics best practices of some kind. It would be great to know how to put GA to its best use, how to get the most important info out it, and then how to apply it to improving a website.

As far as what I've been doing, I'm just winging it, looking at the different GA data and deciding what to focus on. With all the data available in GA, I'm sure I'm missing some important details that would be useful in improving my site. And there are things I just don't understand completely.

For instance, I'm not totally sure what "Entrances" are. I've been assuming that an entrance is when a visitor accesses the page through an SE search. If that's the case, then that number would give me some rough idea of the SE ranking of a page. But again, I'm not sure if that's the right way to be using that data.

Thanks. Good to be back!
#1359180 by Tracy from Roseglen
Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:41 pm
I agree with Bill. I generally don't do much with Google Analytics because it's so overwhelming. A discussion on how to get to the most relevant information and how to interpret and use it would be great. I honestly like SBI stats because it give me a "birds-eye-view" of how the site is doing and I can track individual pages a lot easier.

#1359181 by Karen from Mackey
Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:16 pm
I would also like to see discussion on how to use Google Analytics. I like the SBI stat because they are so easy to use, but I realize that they are not very accurate because the count bot etc and not just actual people. Maybe along with your discussion on how to use GA you could also explain the different in what SBI and GA tracts.
#1359184 by Mary from Mico
Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:15 pm
A Google Analytics "how to" might help me, too, especially if it has step by step info.

Somewhere along the line I found a click to put in my tool bar that when I hover over it it shows me % type info on my large site. It will not turn on for my small site. :shock:

This might be helpful, too, although I haven't used it yet. :oops:

#1359189 by colin from East Freetown
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:36 am
Please delete my previous post as I hadn't read through completely on how to suit a topic.

I would like to see a 101 or 'How to...' on setting up and organizing a retail or discount card similar to the Anguilla Card.

My plan would be to offer this as part of the package for my new members site I plan to release in 2017.

I think that many SBIers would find this information very useful and it could be adopted or used as a promotional tool in most niches.

My plan is to approach both offline and online businesses to give card holders a discount when using the card to make purchases from their store or online shops.
Last edited by Debs Seeber from Palm Coast on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Deleted other short post as requested.
#1359230 by Elly from
Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:05 pm
Hi Ken,

What a super idea and oh, so timely (for me) - if this is worth your attention.

I recently signed up with a new generously paying affiliate programme, called BetterHelp.

As an aside - I had to give the affiliate manager a severe ticking off for calling people who forget to cancel their subscription for months "Whales" :twisted: One advantage to being Dutch is that we do being direct really well! (I have to forgive him though - he comes from the gaming industry - the man had no idea). Anyway, I digress...

I asked the now somewhat white around the collar man if there was a way to connect specific counsellors to one of my products as an up-sell. That was immediately declined. However, he did say that they are looking for material that clients would be able to use to help themselves and that he would find out if the Head of Counselling would be prepared to license some of my products.

That sounded great in principle, but I immediately (and secretly) started to gnaw my knuckles. I had no idea what that entails, what I'd be signing off (copyright?), how to set a price and how to negotiate.

I also wondered if licensing (whatever that may entail then) would be a way to sell all the content we've amassed.

Thank you in anticipation. :)

#1359454 by ken-admin
Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:50 pm
Yes... what Cath said. :-)

I just wanted to add that even if you don't have a specific request, drop by and let us know which you agree with most.

What may seem "too small" to us may turn out to be totally wrong. Only YOU can show us what to prioritize. :-)

All the best,
#1359459 by Harvey from Woodbridge
Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 pm
I support the call for Google Analytics info. And I'd broaden that into information on the Search Analytics function in Google Search Console.

There's gold in Search Analytics, particularly the SERP position and CTR of every page.

I'm sure there must be some equally-valuable, actionable searches that I just don't know about.

All the best,
#1359741 by Elly from
Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:02 am
Oh my word, Julie - I am so supporting that one!

I have had no end of trouble - I'm on my 4th accountant in 4 years! One didn't have a clue, one I had to explain the same thing 4x and then he send me threatening emails at 11pm, the next one charged me €5000 for work done 'upfront'. I have a new one lined up for next jaar.