How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1362259 by ken-admin
Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi to all,

Spent yesterday traveling, settling into home in Panama for a change in scenery.

I was expecting to get some work done after we got in, but that didn't happen.

Today, I reviewed my "to do" list and felt a particularly strong wave of "feeling overwhelmed." It's not the first time, not even the 100th time.

So I moved to my #1 strategy for "FOS" (Feeling Overwhelmed Syndrome)...

"Focus on What Matters Most."

For a little reinforcement, here's a Google Image search for that quote... ... 2&bih=1035
(click "Images" if this doesn't land you on IMAGE search results)

This one sums it up well...

Everyone needs a little reminder like this from time to time. Actually, it's an excellent way to start every session that you start work on your online business - review your "to do" list and focus on #1!

Each of us has a limited number of hours per day after sleeping, eating, working (if you have a day job), etc. That generally leaves you with NOT enough hours to get everything done.

And THAT is where "FOS" comes from...

How in the world can I get it all done?"

The good news is that you don't have to do EVERYTHING. Just do THE most important thing. Avoid distractions - don't let yourself get pulled into things that don't matter.

If you can develop that single discipline, you'll be amazed at the power of the 80-20 Rule. Getting your top priority adds up to a phenomenal year of productivity and results.

It's not too late to add this strategy to your New Year's Resolutions. :-)

All the best,

P.S. Of all the things that are on my "to do" list, am I following my own advice by sharing this with you? Absolutely. Here's the logic...

1) Our ONLY mandate is to help you succeed.

2) "FOS" is probably the #1 problem of every solopreneur. It can cripple even the most driven (they may be the ones who are most susceptible, actually)

3) How do I prioritize? I'll post on that next (since I think it's worth sharing, too). THIS post jumped to the top of my "to do" because it's a simple strategy that anyone can do that will deliver a significant difference to your results. Here's my suggested way to prioritize...

#1362262 by Susan from Nolan
Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 pm
Thank you, Ken.

I do truly appreciate your sharing your time and advice.
#1362281 by Bill from Talos IV
Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:10 pm
Exactly how I've been feeling at times lately, Ken, sometimes to the point that I feel like just throwing in the towel. Seems the more I accomplish with my site, the more I realize just how much more needs to be improved.

Have a good one,
#1362389 by ken-admin
Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm
That's classic, Bill. Just not enough hours in the day.

I know Nori feels this way at times, too, especially prior to Christmas when she's getting ready to launch the new card, is creating new content for new sponsors, is fielding all kinds of questions, etc.

Someone pointed out to me that I wrote this article on the topic "forever ago" (had forgotten about it, actually :shock: )...

One of the tips was to prioritize, but there are some other good ideas in there, too.

For me, though, picking ONE project, as outlined above, and then putting the blinders on until it's done, is the best strategy. Completing that project reduces anxiety, which in turn makes you more excited about turning the next highest priority "to do" into "DONE!" :-)

Once the dread of "overwhelmed" turns into the excitement of accomplishment, you're off and running again. 🚀

All the best,