How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1368735 by Diane Marie from
Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:09 am

I'm just wondering if it's possible to bookmark and/or make notes in the 'written' Action Guide?

I need to be able to come back to it but I want to know right where I left off.

Also, I like the videos but I think the Windows 10 Creative upgrade has caused issues with them. The computer seems to be lagging (it's a 2 week old computer so it's not bogged down yet) and it causes the videos to lag, the images don't appear correctly, etc. Just in case anyone is having trouble with the videos.

Thank you so much!!
#1368742 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:36 am

No you can't do it without an outside tool. You can put a wish in the wish list but it might be good to test the results I found.

I did a quick Google search for this: ... 1&r=518304

and a few options came up! If you decide to test them out, please do report back here, we would love to know what you think.

#1368751 by Jeff from
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:06 pm
Hi Diane.

You can't make notes. However, you can mark your progress using the Hide buttons. When you finish a step, hide it and move on to the next one.

If you want to take notes, print the DAY to a PDF, then print out the PDF and make notes on it.
#1368764 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:35 pm
Hi Diane,

I just installed the Creative update so I could test the videos too.

I found them to be the same as before the update; they ran smoothly even when I quickly advanced to later parts of a video. I tested before and after.

I have a very fast internet connection and download speed. That may be why you are having issues. A couple things you can try.

See what working in the background of your computer ... If on a PC vs a Mac (I don't know anything about how to's on a Mac), you can:

Hit CTRL ALT DELETE all at the same time. You should see the task manager appear, look through what's on. I use Quicken for tracking finances so I open each morning. However it leaves a few apps running in the background (which I don't know how to stop it from doing that) that I will manually shut down. It might happen with other apps too.

Find out your connection and download speeds (usually from your Internet Service Provider), compare to what fast services provide (even if you can't use the fastest service, you at least have something to compare to.

If you can't figure it out, then you may want to contact Support for other options. I am by no means an expert on ISP's.

All my best,
#1368778 by Diane Marie from
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:25 pm
Thank you everyone!

Hi Debs Thank you! I'm going to try the GumNotes. I'll post back here about how it goes. :D One thing though, it doesn't say that it works on 10, only up to 7. So I'm hoping it's just not updated on the webpage and that it will indeed work with 10. :D

Hi Jeff - I used the Hide buttons but I haven't been back in there so I didn't know if the Hide buttons stay the same when you go back or if they're all open again. I'll have to check that out.

For notes, my problem is that I can't have written notes because I lose them. I am very, extremely unorganized and written notes are a lost cause for me. I have to have it on the computer and within the document itself. I have tried everything from using different composition books for things, 3-ring binders, pads of paper, any hard copy system you name it. I still lose it all unfortunately. :(

Hi again Debs! Thank you for the info on my PC. I've used Mac for 30+ years and never once a PC. So it's all new to me. I will definitely follow your suggestions to see what I can figure out. I figured it was the creative update because it all happened at the same time. But then again, I still haven't figured out how to properly wake my computer from an overnight sleep. :lol: So much to learn...
#1368780 by Jenny from Rushden
Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi Diane,

As you are on Windows now, have you had a look at OneNote? I used to love it when I was on a PC. It's like having an exercise book of your very own at your finger tips.

Another one you can try is Evernote. I like this as it works on Windows, Mac, Tablet or SmartPhone! So quite versatile.

#1368784 by Diane Marie from
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:05 pm
Thank you Jenny, I'll check them both out. :D

I'm not sure what an "exercise book" is (other than the book buried on my shelf that has exercising in it) :lol: .

I can be dense. Could you tell me please?

Thank you again Jenny!
#1368785 by Diane Marie from
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 pm
Hi Jenny!

Hi Jenny! - So the idea would be that whenever I'm reading the AG and I want to make a note I'd open EverNote and enter a note in a notebook I've titled for example AG Notes?

I like that, I can keep it available and jump back and forth as I have ideas. And then while out and about I can use my phone if some amazing idea comes to mind! :lol:

Now if I could just get it to record my thoughts... :wink:

Hi Jeff! - It does 'save' it as hidden or not hidden based on how I left it when I closed it. That's an excellent bookmark in and of itself. Thank you!!

Hi Debs! - Is Windows 10 new? So many of the programs work only up to 7. I found a really cool one following your link, it's called GumNotes, but it says it works only up to 7. I tried it anyway to no avail. I've emailed them to ask if it does work with 10 or not.

Thank you Thank you!!
#1368788 by Jenny from Rushden
Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 pm
Diane, want some good news... won't record your notes telepathically, BUT, you can add photos, links, paste images/clips, and record meme's/dictations. I found it useful when sitting at playgroups with the toddlers. :D

Truly is handy.

Just thought, there is a Tips and Techniques article on Evernote...

...that should give you some more info on it, well Evernote - OneNote is very similar. There is also Growly for Mac's. :wink:

#1368790 by Diane Marie from
Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 am
Thank you so much Jenny!

I like the Evernote because I can use it with my phone as well. :D

Thank you so much for the T&T article link, I should have known that SBI! would have something for us about it! :wink:

Off to check it out.

Thank you again Jenny!!
#1369136 by Diane Marie from
Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:16 pm
Hi All!

Happy Easter to those who recognize it! :D

I wanted to jump back in here and let you all know that I'm totally not sorry that I ended up going with Evernote.

It is the coolest thing.

I tend to have a lot of my ideas right before bed, and I peruse my website on my phone while there as well. When I think of something or find something that needs to be fixed I can make a note on my phone through Evernote and then sync it to my computer when I'm on my computer and there are my notes from the previous evening!

Also it allows for the creation of a snapshot (is that the right word) and/or the saving of an entire website. It allows for making notes within those clippings and savings and I'm going to see if it allows one to actually mark up the image itself, the snapshot.

Anyhow, I wanted to jump in and let you all know how it's going with that!

Again Happy Easter and thank you for all of your help!!
#1369195 by Debs Seeber from Palm Coast
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:21 pm
That's great and I may try it out too ;)

#1369200 by Diane Marie from
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:12 pm
Thank you Jenny and Debs and absolutely Debs, at the very least give it a spin.

It's free (or freemium as I read the other day, which apparently means a system that has a free version and then premium versions).

Let us know if you try it!

Thank you again!