How useful is the Search It! tool? Try it for yourself - you'll lose count of all the ways you use it! Share clever ideas here. The Video Action Guide (for visual learners) - discuss use of the video version of the "AG" here. Also, get help with Find It!, Tips and Techniques (TNT) HQ, Monetization HQ (MHQ), Resources HQ, InfoCenter & DownloadCenter ... give tips or ask for help on these invaluable SBI! resources!

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#1386541 by Don from Fessenden
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:24 pm
Hi, I hope this isn't inappropriate here.

Some friends (with a group of about 170 folks) are starting up a web forum and thinking of using a forum that looks quite a bit like this SBI forum.

I was wondering if someone here (the moderator??) could tell me what software program is used to build this forum?

Thanks so much, and apologies again if this is not the place to post.
#1386548 by George from
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:59 pm
I was wondering if someone here... could tell me what software program is used to build this forum?

It's phpBB but highly customized (both design and capabilities).

Note that the forum was started a long time ago (at least 13 years). Today I wouldn't start a forum with phpBB. In my opinion, there are better choices out there today that are better aligned with how people interact online today.