From Brainstorming to Monetizing, the Mac is a different machine. Mac users have unique issues that can get lost in the "Sea of PC." Do use the various forums for issues that are NOT Mac-specific. But if you've got "something Mac" to talk about, this is the "all-Mac, all-day" channel.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1361448 by Barrie from Curries Post
Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:06 pm
I've used ImageWell for years and it's worked very well for me, but it's not longer supported and my copy is starting misbehaving, closing unexpectedly.

Should I try just downloading a new copy?

Can anyone recommend a basic graphics editor similar to ImageWell?

Ta,

Barrie
#1361449 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:42 pm
Hi Barrie.

I use Pixelmator. It's not free, but it does just about everything I need it to do. I can't add lines, ovals, etc. to images, so I use Previews Annotate feature for that.

You might consider PicMonkey, a browser-based editor. There's an article about using it in TNT HQ.
#1361720 by Barrie from Curries Post
Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:12 am
Thanks Jeff. I've been trying the month's free trial; a lot more complex than Imagewell, but i think I'm getting the hang of it.

Is the preview annotate feature a part of pixelmator?

Another allied question for you: I read somewhere that to be seen on smart phones that our images should be 350 or less wide. I've been doing that religiously for some years, presumably with benefits, but every now and then I really would like to use a much wider graphic for the detail and power of a big pic. What are your thoughts?

B
#1363681 by Mark from Northern Taiwan
Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:33 am
A bit late, but Pic Monkey is really good. I think it's better than Image Well.