From Brainstorming to Monetizing, the Mac is a different machine. Mac users have unique issues that can get lost in the "Sea of PC." Do use the various forums for issues that are NOT Mac-specific. But if you've got "something Mac" to talk about, this is the "all-Mac, all-day" channel.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1376131 by Gerhild from Just like Oma
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:43 pm
I'm just in the process of completing my next ebook by overwriting my previous one. (My normal method to make things faster),

However, this time, I've updated to Pages5 ... and I've now got about 20 blank pages at the end of my document that I can't delete!

I've tried deleting using the thumbnails ... and I end up deleting the contents of my whole book, but the blank pages remain. There are no invisibles on these blank pages, so there's nothing on them to click or delete. I've tried sectioning off this last section and tried to delete the section. The section deletes, but the blank pages remain. (These blank pages do have footers on them. If I try to delete anything here, it affects my whole document.)

I've googled for help and can't find anything that works ... and, of course, my Apple support is expired.

Can anyone help this desperate author?

Thanks,
Gerhild
#1376137 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 pm
Hi Gerhild,

I feel your pain!

I'm no longer using Pages - I do everything on Google Docs now. Keeps things simple.

However, I wonder if the following 'workaround' would help - in case nobody comes up with anything better.

Export your doc as a PDF, then try to delete the offending pages. Next export or convert to a Pages doc again.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Here's hoping someone else has a better idea.

Elly
#1376145 by Gerhild from Just like Oma
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:04 pm
Thanks, Elly.

My hubby, a NON-happy Pages5 user .... and I love it, except for this, suggested something similar. I saved it as a Word doc. Interestingly, those extra blank pages didn't show up. :shock: Then, from Word, I took it back to Pages5 ... so all my formatting came back properly and those pesky blank pages were gone. :)

Your method with going the PDF route sounds good, but I don't think I have a way to edit a PDF file.

Google Docs? I'll look into that for my next ebook. Will see if my present formatting will remain.

Thanks,
Gerhild