From Brainstorming to Monetizing, the Mac is a different machine. Mac users have unique issues that can get lost in the "Sea of PC." Do use the various forums for issues that are NOT Mac-specific. But if you've got "something Mac" to talk about, this is the "all-Mac, all-day" channel.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1377119 by Barrie from Curries Post
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:22 am
I've had an AppleMac for over ten years, but this new Sierra has got me beat. I have gone to Mail > preferences > Signatures, and created four. Signature: says None, and I can't alter it.

But I can't add any one of them to the email! In the email, Signature: says None. When I click on the up and down arrows it says "edit signatures' which doens't help. I don't want to edit them, I want to choose one and add it.

Absurd, and surely it MUST BE VERY BASIC. Am I dumb, or am I dumb?

Barrie
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited subject to reflect your request.
#1377152 by Jenny from SiteSell Support
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:04 pm
Hi Barrie,

In my account, I have 7 signatures listed under "All signatures".

I then make sure that the right signature is associated to the right mail account. So for my Yahoo! Mail, I click on the account, below the "All signatures", click the + to add a signature, and type it/paste it into the space.

However, when I go to my Mail and click compose, I often have a different e-mail address associated as the "From" field (I have far too many e-mail accounts!).

When I select the from e-mail as my Yahoo! Mail account address, the signature "pops" into the blank e-mail.

Are you able to change the "From" field?

Jenny.
#1378754 by Barrie from Curries Post
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 am
Hello Jenny, thanks for this; I'm slightly further forward in that one of my signatures has been added, but not the one I want; and I don't know actually what I did to change it.

Now in Signatures (in an email) I have one of the choices; if I click on the up down buttons get 'edit signatures', but still can't select a different one. Been trying this for a year! Definitely dumb.

Can't see the From field.

b
#1378765 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 am
Hi Barrie.

Here's what I suggest. Create all the signatures you want to use in All Signatures.

Once you have them all, drag each one (from the middle column) to the applicable email account in the left column, below All Signatures. You'll see the count increase to 1 from 0. All the sigs will still appear in All Signatures.

Next, click on each account in the left column. Once you've clicked on it, select the signature from the Choose Signature menu near the bottom. It should say None to start with. If you've added one sig to each account, then you'll only see that one as an option. If you added more than one to an account, select one as the default.

That will ensure that each email account always uses the correct sig.

OR, you can simply select the sig you want to use when you create the email. Create a new one, select the account to send it from, and then select the sig for it (the menu to the far right of the account selection menu).

If you don't see the options I've discussed in Preferences or in the new email window, then there's something wrong with your Mail setup.